Order of Converted MP3's

JerryB

I've been converting all my iTunes AAC's to MP3's so that I can burn the entire collection to DVD's for archiving.

What I'm finding that is most aggrivating though is that when multiple albums (CD's) are converted and saved under a directory such as "My Music/Beatles MP3's)", the resulting MP3's end up arranged totally out of the order they occur within their respective CD's. I've tried every way to get them to appear in the correct sequence but to no avail.

What's the proper procedure here to make this happen? :unsure:

that is a windows explorer thing - our software does not change how your files are ordered in windows explorer. The ordering of the mp3s should be no different to how the iTunes files were ordered (especially since Switch does not change filenames in any way).

Are you sure you have set the sorting style properly for that folder?

How you managed to convert iTunes to mp3 I do not know, since we established it couldn't be done...if you have some information on this I would be interested to hear it.

that is a windows explorer thing - our software does not change how your files are ordered in windows explorer. The ordering of the mp3s should be no different to how the iTunes files were ordered (especially since Switch does not change filenames in any way).

Are you sure you have set the sorting style properly for that folder?

How you managed to convert iTunes to mp3 I do not know, since we established it couldn't be done...if you have some information on this I would be interested to hear it.

I simply select the songs in iTunes and drag them over into Switch, select .MP3's and set a destination folder for them and click "convert". No problem!

did you get those songs from the iTunes online music store, or somewhere else? Our impression was that all iTunes .aac files were copy-protected. But it's possible your .aac files are not protected.

They were recorded from my own audio CD's- I guess that's the big difference here?

yes, those songs should convert fine in Switch.

My use of the word "iTunes" was perhaps too liberal, iTunes songs can refer to many different types of audio files. I was specifically pointing out that songs downloaded via iTunes from the Apple online store will be protected with digital rights management.