WavePad Manual

Arthur Sagy

The site refers to a manual, but all I can find (registered pro and paid version) is a help file. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Best Regards, Art

=================================================================

NO.

Unless I am mistaken, there is no manual; if there is, I apologize in advance for my following comment.

In my opinion, there _should be_ a .pdf manual--nothing less! The lack of such a manual is the most glaring weakness of an otherwise-excellent piece of software.

Simply press F1 or click on "Help" -> "Help Contents"

=================================================================

Yes, you are referring to the Help file that I know exists and use regularly to untangle the various questions which seem to occur with regularity, given the complexity of this program.

Be this as it may, I believe that the poster (I would invite him to correct me if I am wrong) is referring to a _standalone_ document (normally available as a .pdf file which can be downloaded from a web site) that contains both instructions and a functional description of the product, as opposed to an integral "help" file, which tends to be oriented to answering "how-to-do-it" questions, rather than going into any considerable detail on the product operation. This is perhaps a subtle distinction that is often glossed over, but I nevertheless feel that it is an important one to make.

In other words, there is a distinction between a "help" file and a "manual" which can go well beyond the _format_ of the documentation and its availability independently of the software application itself.

Musikone

If you want a stand-alone document: http://www.nch.com.au/support/manuals.html :)

============================================================

Many other software producers have their manuals available for download online in .pdf format, with no charge, even for one who is not a licensed user. I find such a charge to be ill-conceived, particularly for one (like myself) has already purchased a license for the software. It would be a simple matter indeed to make such a manual available to a licensed user of the software for _free_ download, without jeopardizing your company's finanacial interests.

Has it occurred to your company that adopting this suggestion might, just might, more than compensate (in terms of company image) for the very small revenue which you might collect from a few souls who will decide to pay such a charge? I have found your company's inflexibility in matters such as these to be very puzzling, to say the least.

So once again--thanks but no thanks!

I speak only for myself, not for the original poster of this thread, who may be willing to fork over the $18.75.

Many other software producers have their manuals available for download online in .pdf format, with no charge, even for one who is not a licensed user. I find such a charge to be ill-conceived, particularly for one (like myself) has already purchased a license for the software. It would be a simple matter indeed to make such a manual available to a licensed user of the software for _free_ download, without jeopardizing your company's finanacial interests.

We do offer the help file/manual freely in the application's download, which does go into some detail about the operations of the product. That price is for the software CD and the printed version of the manual, and postage of course. We are currently investigating offering a PDF version for download but no official decision has been made as of yet.

We do offer the help file/manual freely in the application's download, which does go into some detail about the operations of the product. That price is for the software CD and the printed version of the manual, and postage of course. We are currently investigating offering a PDF version for download but no official decision has been made as of yet.

Hope it happens soon...