Command line conversions

Guest David

Guest David

Hi,

I'm trying to automate switch to convert WAV files to VOX format. My automation program gets a list of WAV files to convert and then invokes switch to convert them (one file at a time). The program builds the command into a string and then passes it to the command window. Here is an example command:

"c:\program files\nch swift sound\switch\switch.exe" "c:\wavsource\mywav.wav" -convert -format VOX -outfolder "c:\wavsource\convert" -hide

I don't get any feed back from switch as to whether the command is invalid or not. It is not performing the conversions however.

Do I need to add the files first, then convert? Can you see anything that might be wrong with the command? I've tried lots of variations and cannot get any conversions to be performed.

I appreciation your help!

David

Switch doesn't give any feedback on whether the command line is valid or not. To our knowledge, non command-line applications don't seem to have the ability to send data to the command-line. Further investigation is being carried out though.

About your command line problem, my suggestion would be to put the -convert flag at the very end and see if that works or not. Also put the -hide flag at the start just after the switch.exe bit.

We are working on improving the command line to the point where you won't have to worry about ordering the options correctly. There is unlikely to be any command line blocking or feedback though (Switch is not a command line tool and therefore cannot behave like one).