VOC format -- RCA recorder

Have been asked to transcribe a file recorded on an RCA Digital recorder. The file uploads to my computer in a format with file extension ".voc". Would welcome any advice about how to convert these files so that they are manageable by Express Scribe.

Patricia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brewski
Have been asked to transcribe a file recorded on an RCA Digital recorder.  The file uploads to my computer in a format with file extension ".voc".  Would welcome any advice about how to convert these files so that they are manageable by Express Scribe.

Patricia

TheRCA .voc format is in fact G.729A, an open standard. Check out voiceage.com. They have an open-source codec that you can use for non-commercial purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
TheRCA .voc format is in fact G.729A, an open standard. Check out voiceage.com. They have an open-source codec that you can use for non-commercial purposes.

Hi,

I've downloaded the example decoder, and tried to decode a .voc file using it, but didn't manage to. I tried, among other things, stripping the first 32 bytes of the file, which seem to be a sort of header with info on date/time/duration, but all I got was something that sounded like someone stuttering through a severe case of serial hiccups...

Do you have any suggestion on how to run the decoding process?

TIA,

Ken

• 4 months later...
Hi,

I've downloaded the example decoder, and tried to decode a .voc file using it, but didn't manage to. I tried, among other things, stripping the first 32 bytes of the file, which seem to be a sort of header with info on date/time/duration, but all I got was something that sounded like someone stuttering through a severe case of serial hiccups...

Do you have any suggestion on how to run the decoding process?

TIA,

Ken

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/g_726-format.html