Jump to content


Cannot load wma files


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 macuser

macuser

    Novice

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:04 PM

I cannot get ExpressScribe to load my .wma files; it doesn't even recognize them in the load window.  The technical support page says I may need different codecs, but I don't know what that means or how to find them.  Any suggestions?

#2 planitpurple

planitpurple

    Novice

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

I am having the same problem and I need to get some work done this weekend.  Anyone got any suggestions?  The error message I am getting is:

"Unable to find wmatowav.exe which is required to decode wma files.  Please check you have correctly downloaded and installed wmatowav.exe.

It is referring me to the addons section of this website but I can't see this software there to download.

macuser, on Jun 1 2006, 02:04 PM, said:

I cannot get ExpressScribe to load my .wma files; it doesn't even recognize them in the load window.  The technical support page says I may need different codecs, but I don't know what that means or how to find them.  Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



#3 keithharry

keithharry

    Novice

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:15 AM

View Postmacuser, on Jun 1 2006, 09:04 AM, said:

I cannot get ExpressScribe to load my .wma files; it doesn't even recognize them in the load window.  The technical support page says I may need different codecs, but I don't know what that means or how to find them.  Any suggestions?

I have a user machine with Win XP SP1 and using Express Scribe 4.05.  The latest DirectX version is installed (Aug 2006).  However .wma files refuse to play though they play in Windows Media Player 9.  Tried to convert to .mp3 using Switch, but got an error involving DRM (Digital Rights Management).  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Even tried wma to wav converter from the components page.  No luck there.  Thanks

#4 Guest_nchto_*

Guest_nchto_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:30 AM

View Postmacuser, on Jun 2 2006, 12:04 AM, said:

I cannot get ExpressScribe to load my .wma files; it doesn't even recognize them in the load window.  The technical support page says I may need different codecs, but I don't know what that means or how to find them.  Any suggestions?
The Mac version of Express Scribe only supports wav, mp3, aiff and dct file formats.

View Postplanitpurple, on Jun 4 2006, 09:19 AM, said:

I am having the same problem and I need to get some work done this weekend.  Anyone got any suggestions?  The error message I am getting is:

"Unable to find wmatowav.exe which is required to decode wma files.  Please check you have correctly downloaded and installed wmatowav.exe.

It is referring me to the addons section of this website but I can't see this software there to download.
It is listed on our Components Page. Look for wmawav.exe

View Postkeithharry, on Sep 27 2006, 12:15 PM, said:

I have a user machine with Win XP SP1 and using Express Scribe 4.05.  The latest DirectX version is installed (Aug 2006).  However .wma files refuse to play though they play in Windows Media Player 9.  Tried to convert to .mp3 using Switch, but got an error involving DRM (Digital Rights Management).  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  Even tried wma to wav converter from the components page.  No luck there.  Thanks
The fact that Windows Media Player can open the files means that the appropriate codec is installed on your machine. It also means that the wma files have most likely been created with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection if they cannot be played with Express Scribe. We recommend using digital handheld recorders that use an open audio file format such as wav or mp3. You can determine whether or not this is the case by right-clicking on the file name and selecting Properties. Then click the Licence tab and see if it says "Protected Content" under the licence details.