Voxal doesn't change anything to my voice

Pabloc

I just installed Voxal 2.0, the rebooted my computer.

I followed the procedure here : http://www.nchsoftware.com/voicechanger/kb/1780.html, but still, I only hear my normal voice when I speak, which ever effect I choose.

It says 

"Voxal is unable to detect an audio stream.

Please check that your audio devices are selected correctly by clicking on the Options button.

If this problem keeps occurring, your microphone may not be compataible with Voxal.

Please read the help documentation for further information.

Voxal is waiting for an application to use the microphone"

I first tried Voxal alone -> No effect, just normal voice

Then I tried to launch Voxal then Audacity and lauch record -> No effect, just normal voice

I rebooted and tried again -> No effect, just normal voice

I don't know what I did wrong !

Thank you all in advance for helping...

Pablo.

Hi,

After you have installed the software, proceed to restart, this is a must.

When ready, confirm which is your Windows default recording device, then set this device from Voxal Options menu.

From Preview Recording Device: Select the recording device (such as a microphone) you wish to use for previewing your Voxal voice effects. This is the microphone you will speak into when the "Preview" function is switched on.

From Preview Playback Device: Select the playback device (such as your headphones) you wish to use for previewing your Voxal voice effects. This is where you will hear your voice when the "Preview" function is switched on.

Preview Mode: You can choose one of two methods for previewing your Voxal voices. The Spe ak and Listen method is selected by default and allows you to say a sentence into your microphone and then when you are finished play it back and listen to how it sounded. The Live method means that Voxal will playback the voice as you are speaking. Some types of hardware don't work well using the second method, so if you are having troubles, try changing to use the Speak and Listen method. 

Best regards,