How to Export and Save a Snapshot to PC

Inge78h

Hi,

I can't seem to save a Snapshot outside of the VideoPad program. 
I would like to export and save this Snapshot as an image. So that I can use this as a thumbnail/minitiature for my YouTube videos.

How to do this??

Ps. It doesn't get saved automatically on the pc in an Images-folder as someone referred to on a previously asked (similar) question.

Hi

These steps should give you what you want.....

• Open VP and then use Tools/Options/Disk. 
  • In the box labelled "Save snapshots to:" enter the name of the folder where you want your images to go. (Use Browse to navigate to a suitable file or folder...e.g. The desktop) You could also create a folder beforehand if needs be.
  • Load your video and place it on the sequence line (Video Track 1).
  • Play it, or drag the red cursor line to the point where you want to save a snapshot of the frame.
  • Make sure you are in SEQUENCE PREVIEW.
  • Click the SNAPSHOT button below the preview pane. (It's got a camera icon on it) The associated down arrow will provide a choice of resolutions.
  • The frame displayed will now be decoded and a .png image will be copied to the VP image bin ready for insertion into your timeline if required.
  • A copy png image labelled "Snapshot - 1" will be placed in your selected folder. This is what you are after I think.

Note .png images are in some ways similar to .gif images but you can convert them to other formats if required.

Nat