quality being ruined/strange black outline on photos

rasberrytea

{help????} i have good quality photos that im putting in videopad,,but when i import them the quality worsens. transparents/vectors (photos with no background) have a strange black outline, same goes for the text. it looks horrible. i went to see if the quality-worsening issue was just in the editor and will be fine in the exported video, so i exported the thing in 1080p quality but no,,videopad just completely ruined the quality of photos, text, etc. please please p l e a s e tell me how to fix this,. ive restarted my computer, uninstalled/reinstalled videopad, all these things but its still happening. the quality-worsened issue hasnt started until today. ive been using the program for over a year now and the black-outline problem has always been there, ive been waiting for it to stop and be fixed but it hasnt, it mainly only occurs when the text has a background, meaning ive had to not use a background with text so it goes away, which is incredibly annoying. i hope it does get fixed soon but i honestly doubt it at this point. it has been tolerable enough though. but i just cant seem to edit with my photos being degraded. maybe theres some way to fix this that i dont about, like under settings or whatnot ?? or maybe i should contact nch directly and see if its a glitch that can be fixed in an update.

Hi,

Which codec are you using? Have you tried change encoder settings when export? For example, there is a quality slider in H264 encoder settings.

Please keep in mind that video compression are lossy. The higher the quality the bigger the output file.

Hi

There was a forum entry some time ago where png or gif images with transparent backgrounds  used as reduced size overlays had a thin grey line around them. I can't remember how this was resolved (I couldn't reproduce it) but anti aliasing came into the discussion. c-major might remember it as I believe he replied.

Any possibility of uploading an image showing the effect you are getting? What type and resolution are the photos and what are your export settings?

EDIT:  Found it.  This was the entry..

Nat

9 hours ago, c_major said:

Hi,

Which codec are you using? Have you tried change encoder settings when export? For example, there is a quality slider in H264 encoder settings.

Please keep in mind that video compression are lossy. The higher the quality the bigger the output file.

• could you explain the term "codec" ? i only have a small idea of it
  • no, i havent tried the slider, or any of those settings, but im not sure if itll help because thats an export setting, and id like the quality to be ok while im actually editing the thing, even though that is a helpful option to learn about. 
6 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

There was a forum entry some time ago where png or gif images with transparent backgrounds  used as reduced size overlays had a thin grey line around them. I can't remember how this was resolved (I couldn't reproduce it) but anti aliasing came into the discussion. c-major might remember it as I believe he replied.

Any possibility of uploading an image showing the effect you are getting? What type and resolution are the photos and what are your export settings?

EDIT:  Found it.  This was the entry..

Nat

• i cant figure out how to upload a screenshot . it wont let me do the 'upload image from url' thing either . ive also tried copying an image and doing ctrl + v but that wont work . 
  • photos include .png and .jpg.
  • resolution is 96dpi .

- export settings for video files -

• preset; youtube 1080p
  • file format; .mp4
  • resolution; 1920 x 1080 - youtube 1080p
  • max. frame rate; 29.97 [tv ntsc]
  • constant frame rate isnt checked

-

where is the option to disable anti aliasing though ?

Hi

(Copied from one of my earlier posts.....)

Hi

To add an image to your post:..

• First of all upload  your image as a. jpg here... Pictr.com - Pictr.com Image Hosting
  • Click START UPLOADING
  • Navigate to your image folder and open the image.
  • Click UPLOAD
  • Once image appears click EMBED CODES
  • Now copy the Image URL (The contents of the top box)....Looks like:..... https://pictr.com/images/xxxxxxxxx2017...
  • Open the forum and when writing your thread put the cursor where you want your image to appear.
  • Click the down arrow for "Insert other media" bottom right of your post page and select "Insert image from URL"
  • Paste your URL into the box
  • Click the "Insert into post" box

Your image will be inserted in the post (like below) at your cursor position.  

HyV3x.jpg

Hope this helps a bit

Nat

when i do those steps,,however, the insert image from url box becomes red . it wont let me : /

-

5 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

(Copied from one of my earlier posts.....)

Hi

To add an image to your post:..

• First of all upload  your image as a. jpg here... Pictr.com - Pictr.com Image Hosting
  • Click START UPLOADING
  • Navigate to your image folder and open the image.
  • Click UPLOAD
  • Once image appears click EMBED CODES
  • Now copy the Image URL (The contents of the top box)....Looks like:..... https://pictr.com/images/xxxxxxxxx2017...
  • Open the forum and when writing your thread put the cursor where you want your image to appear.
  • Click the down arrow for "Insert other media" bottom right of your post page and select "Insert image from URL"
  • Paste your URL into the box
  • Click the "Insert into post" box

Your image will be inserted in the post (like below) at your cursor position.  

HyV3x.jpg

Hope this helps a bit

Nat