Cant play slur

To slur a note to any following note, select the "Slur tool" from the "Note Toolbox", then click the first note and then click the last note of the group. Remember, Slurs and ties are treated differently when playback, even though some times they looks the same. If you still need help, open a support ticket at supportnch@nchsoftware.com. 

• 2 years later...

I understand the difference between a slur (diferent notes that glide together) and a tie (two or more of the same note, played as a single note with the sum of duration signatues).. However, I can't find a tool in Crescendo that implements a "tie" (so that the playback voice matches the notation)..  Please advise how to implement a "tie"..

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I've just purchased and installed the latest version and overall the product is excellent. I just can't seem to get a slur to both be played corrected when listening from Crescendo and when exporting to Midi. Any help is greatly appreciated as it's a really good product. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, drummerboy said:

I have the same issue. I've just purchased and installed the latest version and overall the product is excellent. I just can't seem to get a slur to both be played corrected when listening from Crescendo and when exporting to Midi. Any help is greatly appreciated as it's a really good product. 

I just upgraded crescendo and still have this problem.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, drummerboy said:

I have the same issue. I opened a tech request ticket.

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 4:59 PM, Embryo said:

I understand the difference between a slur (diferent notes that glide together) and a tie (two or more of the same note, played as a single note with the sum of duration signatues).. However, I can't find a tool in Crescendo that implements a "tie" (so that the playback voice matches the notation)..  Please advise how to implement a "tie"..

Right click on a note and a half moon visual representation of options should appear.  See six o'clock sad smile.  Click that for tie.  Untie a note by hitting resulting note icon that replaces sad smile.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:09 PM, graphicsgeezr said:

New user trying to slur two notes. I can get the notation working but when I play it back it doesn't run the notes together but plays them separately. The demo, Dance of the Sugar Plum works, so it must be me. Any ideas?

Nah, it is just a POS product with "tech support" that is worthless.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, TECH Support said:

To slur a note to any following note, select the "Slur tool" from the "Note Toolbox", then click the first note and then click the last note of the group. Remember, Slurs and ties are treated differently when playback, even though some times they looks the same. If you still need help, open a support ticket at supportnch@nchsoftware.com. 

DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it!
Instead of using slur, right-click on the first note of the two to be connected, and from the drop-down menu select "Tied". It will automatically tie itself to the next note, and in playback they WILL play as one.

• 1 year later...

Ana-W  Thank you!!!  That's been bugging me ever since I started using Crescendo, and unfortunately, I couldn't find the answer to this no matter where I looked in the tutorial and help files.  Why on earth that doesn't work when you use the 'Slur' button at the top is quite beyond me;  what's the point of a playback facility if it doesn't play back what you've written?

Best regards,

JackE