I'm getting a blank icon as a finished file

357mag

I don't understand when I render a video through VideoPad the final video file icon does not show an image? It's just a run of the mill kinda blank looking icon. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I don't see a way to add an image to my post here. If this is the way the icons are supposed to look, I'm okay with it but I find it strange.

Do you mean that the icon for an exported VP file, such as an Mp4 movie, doesn't have an image?

This is related to the default player that is configured for the specific file type.  For example...

VP_icon.jpg

MPC-HC is configured as the default for WMV files.  The file icon displays a frame of  video.  Click it, and the file plays.

If a video frame is not found, or if the player's icon can't display one, the icon for the player itself is often seen.

To learn how to add an image here see the "tips for getting help" sticky post at the top of the forum.

Hi

To add an image to your post:..

• First of all upload  your image as a. jpg here... Pictr.com - Pictr.com Image Hosting
  • Click START UPLOADING
  • Navigate to your image folder and open the image.
  • Click UPLOAD
  • Once image appears click EMBED CODES
  • Now copy the Image URL (The contents of the top box)....Looks like:..... https://pictr.com/images/xxxxxxxxx2017...
  • Open the forum and when writing your thread put the cursor where you want your image to appear.
  • Click the down arrow for "Insert other media" bottom right of your post page and select "Insert image from URL"
  • Paste your URL into the box
  • Click the "Insert into post" box

Your image will be inserted in the post (like below) at your cursor position.   e.g.  Examples of icons (VP project; mp3; VCL video: Avi

HCDtn.jpg

Yours will differ from these probably as it depends on what program is associated with the file type. Most programs are supplied with an icon so you can identify the program that will play the file. If not Windows will supply a default icon which may be what you are seeing......

e.g.   HQ0uc.jpg (KLM is a fictitious file type)

If you load the VLC player........ http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en-GB.html

and select a video you can set it to open with VLC. Your videos will subsequently show up with the Road Cone icon (above) and when clicked to open will play with VLC. If you want to change this you can right click the icon and choose properties and from there you can modify the program associated with the file type.

Hope this helps a bit

Nat

I'm using MediaMonkey as my music and video player now. Love it. Before I customized my video clips (before I ran them through VideoPad) the clips had an icon like a filmstrip where I could see the image like you posted. 

But if I render a video through VideoPad, I no longer see that filmstrip look. Just a very generic looking icon.

The clip plays just fine though with MediaMonkey.

As soon as my account with that website has been approved I will upload a screenshot so you can see what my icons look like.