Videopad "failed"

Tim Atkin

How much free space is available on your C:\ drive?

What resolution and format is being exported?

If this is a small project please click FILE|EXPORT AS PORTABLE PROJECT and upload the result to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like, and link it here.  Someone will try to duplicate your problem.

For other ideas from earlier threads, type "failed" into the search box at the top-right corner of this forum.

Hi

Just an observation on a test output.......I am running an old Vista Home Premium PC, Nvidea GeForce GT730 2.9 Gb RAM 2core CPU. At rest it uses 50% of the CPU due to Synchost activity that I am currently looking into reducing somehow. Usually at rest this should be 1-3% so I do have something slowing things down

I have just exported a 30 min video consisting of 54 mpeg2 clips each sparated by a crossfade and with titles at start and finish. These clips were shot as 1280 mpeg4 but converted to mpeg2 as

1. They appear pretty much the same when exported and played on screen
  2. They process faster

Before loading any clips the VP cache file was completely emptied. The preview display was preset at 512 x 288 (16:9) to prevent "Building Preview" stoppages. The video clips were dropped en masse into the clip bin and then en masse dragged to the videotrack where they took only a few seconds to generate the thumbnails on the timeline but around 10 mins for the green bar to run the full length of the sequence. (It seemed to do this with slight pauses between each pair of clips, probably due to the fact that CPU usage was now running at a constant 100%)  A crossfade was added between each clip (en masse) which took a few seconds and titles added to the overlay track  to start and finish with fades in and out. I made no editing cuts.

I exported this video to a PC folder as a UTube 1280 x 720p, MPEG4 (Native) in an ,avi container with a constant frame rate set at 30 and with compressor settings at HQ output.(4.0)

This was a perfectly successful export.

The Export Queue screen showed that each 10% of the export took 4 mins and this remained constant during the whole output period of around 40 mins. During the rendering/export period the CPU ran at 100%. The resulting Video played back perfectly with WMP. There were no "Failure" messages.

It would be useful to know what export settings the failed videos were using and if the message was produced by a problem related to the export destination (UTube/facebook etc.) or if it occurred when exporting to the PC.

Nat