Version 5.03 Exports Extremely Slow

StockJockAT

Let me first off by saying I'm very proficient with computer hardware and what it takes to render a video file.  I own a 5820k running 6 cores and 12 threads at 4.5 ghz with 32 gigs of ram.  I recently upgrades from Videopad version 4.0x to 5.03.  I am a youtuber and render video files for years now and know how long a certain video should take to render out.  I was very pleased with version 4.0x that I had and thought that its about time I upgrade the program.  So I upgrades to 5.03 and have been met with HUGE disappointment.

In a nut shell, during the render process, my CPU is only being hit with 15% use and now my 15 min videos take well over 1.5 hrs to render.  In Videopad version 4.0x that I had, the same render would take roughly 15 mins.  And that is just a simple mp4 like I've always done for the past 2 years.  Not transitions or anything, just trimmed down the video.

The problem is very obvious, version 5.03 isn't using my CPU enough at all.  I mean, my CPU doesn't even heat up, it just sits at around 40C.  Please tell me I'm not the only one having issues with this? 

Thanks. 

This situation happens only when you applying many effects to the video which require a lot of processing.

v5.0x uses less threads to process the video in order to reduce memory consumption. v4.0x require much more memory and causing the application unstable.

We are still working in progress to find good solutions for both speed and memory.

57 minutes ago, c_major said:

This situation happens only when you applying many effects to the video which require a lot of processing.

v5.0x uses less threads to process the video in order to reduce memory consumption. v4.0x require much more memory and causing the application unstable.

We are still working in progress to find good solutions for both speed and memory.

Like I said, the videos I am rendering are NOT using any effects at all.  All that was done in the 15 min video was "cut out" three 10 second areas where there was just silence in the video.  That is all.  In the current state of 5.03 I find it very unusable.

For reference sake, I rendered the same video and this time unedited and the export time was the exact same.

This version needs to be using the CPU much more than it is.

Like I said, the videos I am rendering are NOT using any effects at all.

If that's the case, the encoder(e.g. x264enc7.exe) should use most of the CPU instead of VideoPad.exe. You total CPU usage should be almost full.

7 hours ago, c_major said:

If that's the case, the encoder(e.g. x264enc7.exe) should use most of the CPU instead of VideoPad.exe. You total CPU usage should be almost full.

But it isn't.  My CPU during my renders is being used 15%.

Just out of curiosity, is there a change when the "user hardware-accelerated video effects" box is UNchecked, under the Editing tab in OPTIONS?

Try also UNchecking the "automatically exports non-destructively if possible" box, under the EXPORT tab.

But it isn't.  My CPU during my renders is being used 15%.

It sounds weird...Are you getting the same on other projects? Is it possible to share the project and the video file so we can have a look?

Also could you let us know what's the codec settings you exported to?

10 hours ago, borate said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a change when the "user hardware-accelerated video effects" box is UNchecked, under the Editing tab in OPTIONS?

Try also UNchecking the "automatically exports non-destructively if possible" box, under the EXPORT tab.

So I unchecked the "user hardware-accelerated video effects" box and it probably cut the speed of the render in half, if not faster.  

the "automatically exports non-destructively if possible" was already unchecked so I didn't touch that.

But even after that the CPU usage only got up to 20%, and x264 got up to 11%.  Any more ideas?  

Here is a screen shot of the usage as I was rendering:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwF3lscLsyoMUEFwZkdKSGk5RTQ/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, c_major said:

It sounds weird...Are you getting the same on other projects? Is it possible to share the project and the video file so we can have a look?

Also could you let us know what's the codec settings you exported to?

The issue has only come up since I upgraded to 5.03 from 4.0x.  It is happening on all my projects.  I've been trying to find what codec the program is using but I can't find where to see which codec is in use.  That probably is the issue but again, I can't find where my options are.  Point me in the right direction and I'll let you know how it goes.  If we can't get it figured out here I'll go ahead and start uploading the files so you all can look at them on your end.

Just another update:

I'm messing with the quality settings.  I guess the default is "20" and I changed it to "10" and that seems to tax the CPU much more.  The codec was getting up to 70% just from that change.

that box that use hardware accelerated.....yadda yadda is still unchecked.  If I turn that back on render times goes to a crawl.  What am I losing since I had to turn that off?