preview format default settings

ligi

Hi,

I tried to make the preview pane bigger, and changed the settings through the options, but it onlk made the picture smaller, and the frame surrounding it thicker.

I want to get back to the default settings. They were around  700+/- over 400+/-, but I don't remember the exact numbers.

What are the default settings for the preview format?

Thank you

In OPTIONS for preview, click the chevron to the right of "Preset" and choose your setting.

To change PV window size, place the pointer on the vertical dots that are between the media area and PV window  - until double arrows appear.  Drag left or right.

Hi

It is also well to remember that VP has to generate the preview pane in real time as you play the video. On some slower PCs this can cause the video to pause for extended periods with a "Generating Preview" message, particularly if the 1920 x 1080 pixel option is selected. If you find this happening you may find it better to set your preview format to around 640 x 360 (16:9). Unless you undock the preview pane into an independant window using the arrow in the top right hand corner, you will see no (or very little) difference in the preview resolution.

Nat

To answer your original question, the default preview settings are:

Resolution: 768w x 432h (this is a 16:9 aspect ratio)

Framerate: 30.00 fps

While it's a non-standard resolution (i.e. not 360p, 480p, 720p, or 1080p), it most closely matches the area most monitors display the preview with.

• 2 years later...