FX Management

Morbott

Hi there, just had a question about managing FX in Videopad.

1/ Can I bypass (dissable) all FX on a clip?

2/Can I bypass (dissable) individual FX in the FX popup window?

3/ Can I dock the FX popup window so it's always there if I want it. It would update based on what clip I have selected.

(What I mean by dock it to have the FX window in the interface just like the preview window or, clip window.)

The would be helpful features if they aren't all ready there.

I'm alsmost done testing the software and in all likelihood I'll purchase it this afternoon.

I look forward to seeing how the software improves.

Thank you
Moris

Hi

" 1/ Can I bypass (dissable) all FX on a clip? "

To disable an effect(s) that you have applied to a clip, just click the FX button on the clip. This opens the effects pane for that clip. This displays each effect with a X in the top corner. Click the X to remove the unwanted effect..

" 2/Can I bypass (dissable) individual FX in the FX popup window? "

When you clck the FX button for the clip, EACH effect you have applied is listed and each has its own cancel X.so you can remove them individually.

" 3/ Can I dock the FX popup window so it's always there if I want it. It would update based on what clip I have selected. "

If you click the FX button for a clip the effects pane will appear listing the effects for the clip selected. This will remain visible (although in the way) until you decide to close it. It will update with the effects properties of any clip that you select.

Nat

Thank you Nationalsolo, but I think you misunderstood what I said.

I'm aware of the remove/delete X beside each effect. I don't want to delete/remove them... I want to be able to temporarily bypass/disable them.

I would like to do this for individual FX and/or for the all of them attached to the clip. This is a useful ability that exists in other programs (editing and compositing).

You can look at AfterEffects or the free Kdenlive for this sort of thing (there were a couple of others that I tried... but now I forget what they're called).

Thank you,

M

Not precisely what you want, but a workaround would be to save an effect template (fourth 'page' icon from the left in the effects window).

Then delete the effect - in essence disabling it until it's needed again.

When that time comes open the effects window, scroll down to the saved effect and click on it to restore.