Transitions disappearing after save/load Project

neurotix

Hey guys,

so, as the title says, some of my transitions I made in Timeline and Storyline sequence are disappearing after I save, close and load the Project again. They are just gone. Those transitions I made in clips before I put them to actual sequence are ok. But all the transitions I made inside the sequence just won't save.

I can make same or very similiar transitions in each clip before I put them to sequence and problem solved, but it takes more time and clicks. I feel more comfortable to do some of my transitions between clips in the timeline or storyline. I dont wanna set first clip to fade out and second one to fade in since there is an option in storyline to "fade out and in" in between them. When I wanna use the same clip again in the same video, I have to remove the effect or transition first. Its verry annyoing and time eating.

So, any ideas why it doesnt remember the transitions I made after I save/load the Project?

Just to be clear:  effects, but not transitions, can be applied to clips in the media bin.  Transitions are enabled only between clips on the timeline.

Do your transitions display correctly in the preview window, prior to export?  Try your project with the latest version and see if the problem persists.

H

"i When I wanna use the same clip again in the same video, I have to remove the effect or transition first. Its verry annyoing and time eating. "

As Borate notes, you can only addTRANSITIONS to clips placed on the timeline. You cannot apply them to clips in the clip bin.

However, you are adding (it seems) an effect to the clip when it is still in the clip bin which is not the best way to proceed.

You can apply an EFFECT  to a clip in the video clip bin .....but if you do this it will remain a property of the clip.  (Try adding a CROP effect to a clip in the bin and you will see what I mean.)  If you do this and you use that clip again further along the timeline you will also automatically add the effect as well. This is NOT the case with transitions since (as we have stated) these cannot be added to a clip in the clip bin and consequently will not migrate if the clip is reused.

In general therefore it's probably best to always add a desired effect to the clip after you place it on the timeline.

It should make little difference whether you work in storyboard mode or timeline mode

Nat

Thank you both for quick answers, however, my problem is not in editing clips. The problem is that transitions disappear after I save the project, close the program and re-open re-load it again.

Just imagine two clips in sequence. You click the transition button in between them in Timeline or Storyboard, set up yourself a nice transition and save the project. Next day when you load it, whatever changes you made to your projects are there, except the transitions between clips on sequence. Although the effects you put in clips before you place that clip in the actual sequence remains.

Ideas? What am I doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having same problem... Transitions work but when I save and exit propgram and re-open at later nearly all transitions are completely gone!  And I have to do them again only they never save anymore ???

• 2 years later...