Adding text (eg video titles) adds too much leading space

Aresby

v5.01

If I add (centered) text where the first line is 13pt and the second line is 23pt the space between those lines can be HUGE - and there's no easy way of reducing it.

I've tried adding a line in-between them of, say, 5pt or less, to get the spacing correct which appears to work in the preview. Save and reload the project and the spacing is back to the huge leading again.

I'd first of all like to see this behaviour fixed so that each line just printed whatever point size has been selected (like Word) without huge spaces between lines of text.

Secondly, as a feature improvement, I'd be hugely grateful in being able to create text overlays where the leading (space between lines) can be manually specified (again, like Word). It would be even better if each line of text could be moved about to get the exact placement just right - currently there is no way that I know of to get text left-aligned with, say, a 5cm margin. It's either left, or right or centred but I would like my bulleted text to be 5cm from the left margin, for instance.

Anyway, enough of the wish list, any plans to fix the weird behaviour of the current text placement / leading between lines of different point sizes?

Yup, that's what I've been doing, but as you can imagine it's a bit of a pain, especially when I want two lines of, say, 23pt text with a 13pt top line and they are all on different layers, just to get the line spacing correct!

Any plans to improve this valuable feature?

This was an issue ever since rich text editing was invented for this program. (v4.10)