c_major

New:

• Ability to preview video clips in 360 degree mode by click on the "360" toggle button at the bottom of the preview windows.
  • Added "Place in 360" effect which can be used to overlaying normal 2D clips on to a 360 degree video.
  • Re-implemented how image sequences work:
    • An image sequence are now represent a serial of images(in alphabet order of the file names) in a folder. Sub folders are not taken into account.
    • An ISQ (file extension) file is created in the image sequence folder after imported. ISQ files can be opened and added into VideoPad as a video file.
    • Image sequences can now be imported into VideoPad without being converted to AVI.
    • Image sequences can now be lossless when saved as images with lossless compression (e.g. PNG).
    • Ability to import/export image sequences with transparent background. Alpha channel of the images are preserved.

Fixed:

• Fixed exported video freeze in between the gap of two clips with effects applied.
  • Fixed exported DVD freeze at some point.

Good news: The freeze issue seems resolved.

Bad news: Unfortunately, 5.02 is buggy. Here's how it goes:

• I open up a vpj file I've already created. I notice in the timeline that about 1/3 to 1/2 of the clips in the sequence are missing. 
  • I re-insert the clips where they're supposed to be (some have effects; some don't).
  • Save the vpj project AND save it as a different name.
  • Close VideoPad.
  • Re-open saved file. Re-inserted clips aren't there anymore. File looks the same as when I previously opened it (with missing clips). Ditto with the "Save as" file.

I've submitted a bug report and have FTP'd to nchpublic my file (1988941521.vpj) per the "Bug File Upload" email I received last night.

Sigh. This sure is getting exasperating. I'd much rather use the previous version I had (where I inserted blank text clips so I could export a non-freezing video). At least that version saved what I had created.

When reloading the project does VP prompt for the missing clips?  No.

Or does it load, but have 'holes' in the timeline?  Correct; it loads and has holes in the timeline (you'll see the holes in my uploaded vpj file).

Are the original clips in the media bin? Yep.

It's like 5.02 has selective amnesia.  ; )

Yep. Here's what I just did:

• Re-opened the vpj.
  • Inserted a video clip (thus "patching" just one hole)
  • File --> "Save Portable Project As"
  • Opened up the vpj in the "Save Portable Project As" folder.
  • Hole is still there (IOW, my patch job didn't save).

I too experienced missing clips in 5.02. Had to go back to 5.01 hoping this will get fixed.

But then again, it said "Beta" in the top right corner. I should've had it coming.

Unable to duplicate your results here, using 5.02.

Tested a sequence with five clips, the last of which was an inserted sequence.  All clips had various transitions and effects applied.  Saved as SAVE PROJECT, SAVE AS PROJECT and PORTABLE project and in each instance there were no missing pieces when the VPJ was reloaded.

17 hours ago, borate said:

Unable to duplicate your results here, using 5.02.

Tested a sequence with five clips, the last of which was an inserted sequence.  All clips had various transitions and effects applied.  Saved as SAVE PROJECT, SAVE AS PROJECT and PORTABLE project and in each instance there were no missing pieces when the VPJ was reloaded.

To my knowledge, the bug only happens when you have a lot of clips, especially on the second video track.