More than 100 errors, backup process stopped

smarttech

I am evaluating the filefort software with the intent to purchase if it does what I need it to do. I ran my first backup but it failed with error More than 100 errors, backup process stopped. I'm running it again to see if I get the same). To me that is completely unacceptable. I don't care if it has 5 billion errors, it should keep backing up until it finishes unless the error is because it ran out of space or couldn't access the destination drive. How would it be to think your backup is going fine only to try to restore a file and it won't because it had been hitting this road block all along? The errors are Word docs and Excel docs that start with ~$FIlename.docx etc. So I couldn't care less if these files fail. Can you tell me how I can get rid of this limitation? For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would purposely program this stopping of the backup into their software. Finish the backup and then let me know of all the errors so I can see if there is anything that should concern me. I do not want to purchase the software until I know it will work properly without failing due to unimportant errors. I tried to find some setting somewhere that I could turn off "fail if there are erros" or something like that but couldn't find anything anywhere. Let me know and I will re-run the backup and if it is able to run successfully for a few weeks, I'll happily pay the $50 for the software.

I know I can't be the only one to have hit this snag, so hopefully there is another user that can point me in the right direction to fix this. Also, this is on a mac computer, if that makes any difference. I am using verson 3.33 which should be the latest as I just installed it last night.

Hi, 

It depends on the errors and notifications you are getting, it could be related to corrupted or damage files OR possible firewalls or network folders.... 

Let us know what the error says for us to advise,

Best regards, 

Since I have not yet purchased the software, it won't let me submit a support ticket. 

I guess if they are not interested in helping people prior to their purchasing, it is not worth paying for. I know they offer a money back so you can get support, but I don't like doing it that way. I will pay when it works right.I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting a refund after I've already paid. 

I guess I may be back on the hunt for good Mac backup software.

Just an FYI for anyone that might have an answer. This is about as simple as it gets. I am just backing up to a USB connected hard drive. Nothing going over the network, FTP, Cloud, just copy from internal hard drive to USB hard drive. Once the log gets to 100 errors (from ~filename.docx type files, it fails and will not continue.