KCAT

Free version is really trialware ....

7 posts in this topic

From their website :: 

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/kb/free.html

Is this program completely free?

Yes.

We make this software free with the hope you will like it so much you might come back and try some of our many other programs.

There are absolutely no restrictions in this version of the program.

------------------------------------

Ummm. Not true.
I installed Debut on 3-11/2017 . Used it twice to record a stream from the internet. The software advised me to use 'Fast Capture' as the best option.  Upon experimenting with the other settings, Fast Capture was the best option to record from the screen, without getting alot of 'video chop & stutter ".
Today, went to record (time #3 of using the software ) , just to be told by the software :::

"PROFESSIONAL VERSION REQUIRED   -- The feature you are attempting to use is only  available in the PROFESSIONAL version of Debut.   This REQUIRES an upgrade which you can purchase online.     Special discount pricing is available now !! Sale ends at the end of March.  Do you want to view pricing or purchase now ???  ""

So, it seemed to be usable for 14 days , the typical amount of time for trial-ware software......then features expire.    Even after getting the startup splash screen of " Certify that Debut is being used for home use " .

PS. Pro is $50 not-on-sale-price, and home is $40...but there is still no clear chart comparing the two products side by side.

Pretty shady on NCH's part, IMO.  
Just relabel your 'free version' as trail-ware and be honest about it.

Hi,

The Debut "Professional" registration gives you a full features license to use a single installation of Debut Pro including watermarking and more video formats support. 
The "Home" registration does not includes the watermarking feature, this is the main difference...

In regards the "Free" and Trial versions, these version are limited to certain functions, and they will expired after a period of time, these are meant for basic use and testing purposes.

Let us know if you have any other inquiries, 

Best regards, 

On 27/03/2017 at 11:34 PM, Telephony said:

Hi,

The Debut "Professional" registration gives you a full features license to use a single installation of Debut Pro including watermarking and more video formats support. 
The "Home" registration does not includes the watermarking feature, this is the main difference...

In regards the "Free" and Trial versions, these version are limited to certain functions, and they will expired after a period of time, these are meant for basic use and testing purposes.

Therefore, as deduced by many of us, there is no free version for personal use - just a very short-lived trial version.

If there is actually a really free version please send link to me also.  I had the same problem with 'home' use not working after a few recordings.  Thanks.

On 4/6/2017 at 11:09 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

There is a free version. I'll send you a PM.

I dl the free version on 17 march. The terms do not say anyting about limited duration. I  try a few tests, not knowing there are time or usage limits so I don't try to make every test count the most. I find some bugs then by March 20 I get the message asking me if I want to buy the progtam or user the free version. I use the free option then but today I do the same but when clicking record, I get a message demanding that I buy the program or enter the activation key. So where is the free for ever version?  I have not yet found the limitations to know if it is of much use.

On 2017-4-6 at 5:09 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

There is a free version. I'll send you a PM.

I recently downloaded the personal version. Ihave I friend in USA, with the same disease as I have.
We agreed that sending mails we would linke to send each other video messages.

Hij uses another video capture,I run my own domain. 

When capturing the USB Cam, I can see my video with speech.
But putting it on a different place, on my PC or Website, I only hear sound.

When there is a personal Debut version, why put this in a pm?

When its free it's free. Wtith limitations, I agree. But as  I read, Everthing works exept  

I can live with 

(If I don't die

Ivan

I can locally watch my video (mp4) with VLC-player. But not on the net. or embed

Now, the next day, I cannot save MP4 anymore My license seems expired.
Do I look for another program or is there a sollution.

Ivan

Edited by Ivan FLO
No answer from NCH!