My video is just a black screen when uploaded

Dabbo

Okay so i just tried editing my first video.

I just used the first sequence thinking it would be the actual video.

So I made all kinds of sequences and just copied the part of the video i wanted and pasted it into the first sequence thinking it was that way i'd do it.

So when played the first sequence i used as the "film" it all worked fine. but once i uploaded it to youtube the only clips showing is the first sequence and last all in between is just a dark screen.

Why is that ? could someone please help me and as I said its my first video ever made so im not experienced at all could use some help!

What happens when, instead of using VP's YouTube uploader, you create an Mp4 and upload it directly?

For someone to take a look at your project, please click the FILE menu and upload the project to a server - DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.  Post a public link here.

1 hour ago, borate said:

What happens when, instead of using VP's YouTube uploader, you create an Mp4 and upload it directly?

For someone to take a look at your project, please click the FILE menu and upload the project to a server - DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.  Post a public link here.

23 hours ago, borate said:

Seems that only the VPJ (data) file is on the server.  In VP use the FILE menu to save as a portable project, then upload the folder.  If it's large, zip it first.

Is this how u meant it?

That's how.

In the media window delete the yellow FULL FILM folder.  Above the timeline click on SEQUENCE 4. (You can right-click this tab and rename it "full film" if you wish.)

In the media window, right-click on each sequence (except #4) in the order you want them, and "place on timeline."   Each will show a green check mark.

Click EXPORT|VIDEO, chose your Mp4 resolution/format.   Tested successfully here as an .flv (YouTube) and a number of Mp4 video files.

17 minutes ago, borate said:

That's how.

In the media window delete the yellow FULL FILM folder.  Above the timeline click on SEQUENCE 4. (You can right-click this tab and rename it "full film" if you wish.)

In the media window, right-click on each sequence (except #4) in the order you want them, and "place on timeline."   Each will show a green check mark.

Click EXPORT|VIDEO, chose your Mp4 resolution/format.   Tested successfully here as an .flv (YouTube) and and number of Mp4 video files.

For a short while you can access a 1080 X 720 Mp4 version, created in the order that the sequences appeared,  here.

Okay so I think i've done everything as you told me to, im currently uploading it to youtube to see if it works (gonna take a while)

IN the mean while how did you get that new folder/sequence thing in there what is that ? the #4 one