Video Not Exporting - HELP ASAP

rowerfal

I'm running into the same situation with version 5.01, which is why I usually stick with version 4.22.  Windows Media Player 12 won't play the video I just put together with an alternate music score.  I've tried:

1. Using both the K-Lite Basic and Standard codec packs, but neither of them fixed the issue.
  2. Using the K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool to reset anything that might be set wrong in the OS registry regarding the codecs or anything DirectDraw related to no avail.  
  3. Uninstalling Windows Media Player from the OS (Windows 7 Pro), rebooted, reinstalled WMP, rebooted, went through the usual 1st time WMP use dialog boxes, saw MP4 as being a format WMP understood, but it will only play the audio and not the video.

What will work is using Divx media player, iTunes built-in media player, and the media player used by the K-Lite Standard codec pack.

None of my experience is mission critical to me since I use VideoPad as intermittent hobby software rather than something dependable.

One of the best places to get older versions of the software is FileHippo.com.  The program is listed under VideoPad Video Editor.  Version 4.0 is the oldest version available.

The one thing I haven't done yet is to do separate installs of version 5.01 and 4.22 in separate folders, if possible, in order to check the file folder contents, file types, time date stamps, etc.  In a previous 3.x version, there was a missing file issue that kept me from being able to convert video to MP4 H.264 video code standard.  So, maybe there's something similar happening or something different altogether.

The audio, but no video with WMP 12 has been an on going issue for years and not just an NCH Videopad issue.  Since my current video is working with the other media players, there must be something file, programming code, or registry wise that's causing WMP 12 a problem.  Again, it's an annoyance for me, but probably very aggravating if you're trying to do an important and meaningful project.

You can try doing the things I've mentioned to see if they resolve your problem, but don't hold your breath.

What you're (not) seeing is likely an encoding or codec issue.  Linked downloads, below, should help speed your mission.

Exported your project as an Mp4, NTSC 640 x 480 with default encodings.  Okay in Media Player Classic/HC, but no video in Windows Media Player.

Exported as an MPG file type with default encodings and it played fine everywhere.  That file is Jonathan.mpg

Also, here is Jonathan.iso which can be used to burn a DVD.  (The VOB files therein are the ones that will play directly.)

4 hours ago, DBF68 said:

I'm running into the same situation with version 5.01, which is why I usually stick with version 4.22.  Windows Media Player 12 won't play the video I just put together with an alternate music score.

If you want Windows Media Player to handle VP's Mp4 format, check the CONSTANT FRAMERATE box before exporting.  Works fine here on Rowerfal's production.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, borate said:

If you want Windows Media Player to handle VP's Mp4 format, check the CONSTANT FRAMERATE box before exporting.  Works fine here on Rowerfal's production.

Sorry the late reply.  Real life intervened.  "Constant Frame Rate" was already selected and I'd still get the black WMP screen with audio.  The only thing that fixed the problem was choosing to encode to MPEG4.  Unfortunately, YT still managed to glitch up the smoothness of the finished video that played fine with all other media players other than WMP.

Part of the glitch problem might be that I was using SaveFrom.net helper 0.15 for Chrome to download a YT video for modification via adding a music score track.  The overall bitrate of the 1280x720 video downloaded was far below the 6.5K YT threshold for true 30 fps playback without some additional assumed frame padding from YT.  Using 4kvideodownloader_4.2, I was able to use the 2K resolution option to get a higher bitrate download of 6.037 kbps.  Unfortunately, YT still got a little glitchy on the frame rate as well during some of the play back.  So, I'll get back to screwing around with little hobby project when I have some free time to beat my head against my desk in frustration.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 5:43 PM, c_major said:

@DBF68

Please upload the files if you can, we are still investigating this issue. We could not reproduce the problem with @rowerfal's files.

It might not be necessary.  I'm going to go into more detail with Borate.  See my post to him to see what I discovered.

Addendum:  Ok, I obviously got turned around in replying to Borate by replying to you, but he/she should get an email too about this thread to see what I discovered as the problem.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:43 PM, c_major said:

@DBF68

Please upload the files if you can, we are still investigating this issue. We could not reproduce the problem with @rowerfal's files.

It turns out that the glitchy frame rate I was seeing on my most recent uploaded YT video is caused by Magic Actions.  I use it primarily for ad removal and the Day/Night feature, because YT decided we all wanted to see our videos on a glaring white screen that washes out everything.  Recently, YT has made a step in the right direction with the current update that creates a black viewing area for a video, but it's still not good enough when you've got the glaring white section below the video.

A little OT, which should probably be put in a feature request section, is that it would be nice if VideoPad had different darker gray skins to choose from, because the current UI is also a little too bright when compared to other video and audio editing program UIs.

So, what made the frame rate glitches go away on my most recent hobby project was to disable Magic Actions.  After it was disabled, the scenes in the video where there were noticeable frame rate glitches displayed properly.  The only way you could probably see what I'm talking about is if you installed Magic Actions, configured it the way you want, and then watched the edited video I'll provide via link.

There's a YT video called CGI Animated Short Film HD: "Adam Short Film" by Unity Technologies that I thought interesting.  Later, when I was working on real life boring stuff and listening to music scores from Extreme Music, I heard this piece of music that I thought might work for a portion of the above video.  So, as I mentioned earlier, I used 4kvideodownloader_4.2 to download as high a bitrate copy that was close to YT's 6.5K 30 fps recommendation, slapped the music into the video that didn't have any music other than a piano piece I couldn't remove, and the end result worked out pretty well.

2:37 m:s is the starting point of the original video that I used up to the end of the video: https://youtu.be/HaOOWK14pgs?t=157

The music score from Extreme Music is from Directors Cuts - Thriller 2 and is aptly called "Souls To Take": https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/2936?item=50534&ver=163849. I say the score is aptly named because the original video apparently has Old Testament Biblical overtones according to a YT poster's comments.  The YT commentor said there was a whole backstory to the symbolism in the video that a lot of people might not know, including myself.  Regardless, there was a soul redemption theme in the backstory, which made this score's name coincidentally appropriate.

Here's the resulting video portion and music score edit that worked pretty good on its own by just joining the two at the right point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1iYej3IP-A

Again, thanks for the offer of help, but it seems Magic Action in whole or a setting was causing the problem.