Titles not working

dskizzle

I just purchased and am working with Videopad Pro 5.01. After editing a video I created a title and placed it at the beginning but when I play the video it does not display the title, it just moves right past it and starts playing at the first video clip?

HI

Obviously your title should play. Not knowing your settings I suggest you try creating a dummy title just to see if things are correctly working and check if you have missed something out.....

• Save your project as a .vpj file.
  • Close and reopen VP and set up a New project.
  • Check image display time....Click Tools/Options/Media. Change Default still image to a suitable duration for the test e.g. 5 seconds
  • Add some clips to the test project and drag them to the timeline.
  • Add a title... Click Add Text
  • Set Font and size. Colour/ border etc. Text in centre. etc. No scrolling etc.
  • Type the text. As you have clips on the timeline the text will be placed at the start on Video Track 2 (the overlay track) and the text image will be placed in the image bin. Your title will overlay the first clip as shown below...

498a835fc4024bf7262544a15e1dfc40.jpg

• Play the sequence.
  • Your title will (should) play from the start for 5 seconds  superimposed on your first clip

If you want it to play on its own before the first clip you can simply drag it from video Track 2 and drop it at the start of Video Track 1.  (Below)

33649f05cbf359d5f70d39c42a71172d.jpg

In the above example the title plays for the designated duration on its own before the first clip.

If this seems to work for you then reload your project from the .vpj file. Delete your title image (or clip) from the sequence and/or the image bin and try again using the above steps.

Nat