Exporting Video - Failed

Paul H

No matter what clip I bring in to VideoPad and no matter how much or how little I change the clip, I am unable to export it. I just get the Export Queue box pop up but the item has "Failed" in red every time. 

I am using version 5.01 on a MacBook Pro which is running OSX 10.11.6.

Any ideas?

Bought from NCH Software and registered. That was yesterday. The free version was working last week. Is it possible that the free version is actually better than the one you have to pay for? That's a bit disturbing.

Starting last week I experienced the same "failed" message each time I uploaded. First it as with exporting to Youtube (4k), then when exporting to .mp4.  

I purchased directly from NCH - registered - VideoPad professional v.4.58 Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...

"Failed" message normally happen when out of memory. Especially when exporting 4k videos with complex project (e.g. many tracks, effects and transitions).

We aware of this issue and working on it continuously. Reduce number of tracks, effects and transitions in your project will also help with the problem.

13 hours ago, dexterg22 said:

I just brought the Frame Per Seconds down to 30FPS and it worked. But it seems like I shouldn't have to do this. 

Tried, no luck.

8 hours ago, c_major said:

"Failed" message normally happen when out of memory. Especially when exporting 4k videos with complex project (e.g. many tracks, effects and transitions).

We aware of this issue and working on it continuously. Reduce number of tracks, effects and transitions in your project will also help with the problem.

Shouldn't happen when I'm using an 18mb 8 second 1080p 30fps 2-channel clip with no transitions or effects at all then? Literally drop the mp4 into the timeline and export.

14 hours ago, c_major said:

C-Major - when you say "out of memory" - do you mean on MY local computer - or do you mean on the NCH server? I have 8 GB of ram which should be sufficient.

3 minutes ago, borate said:

That's just the data (vpj) file.  We need the project files as well.  FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT, then upload that file.  If there are many elements, zip it first.

Nope, mp4 file is there, too. You either need to click the video thumbnail or maybe request desktop site if ona a mobile device.

It's definitely in the same folder, but here's a direct link for people who are struggling to see it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/de4feufai9o48sa/AADVtE0rG-5xTXg_cEz1-WO7a/VID_20170303_221740.mp4?dl=0

It's there now.  Tested three Mp4 exports:  1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080 normal and 1920 x 1080 lossless.  No errors, looked good.  Something seems to be amiss on specific PCs.

What are the specs for yours?  RAM, disc space available, video memory, CPU, etc.

Normal Windows 10 home, nothing special in setup, 8gb ram, 700gb free disk space, running VP with no other apps, quad core AMD A10, Raedon R6 you I think. Runs Lightroom fine, and other exports-to DVD images, not video formsts,-work ok. I'm pretty good with computers, all drivers updated, no driver updating tools, no crapware, no pirated anything, it's clearly the app as others have the issue, two other pcs I can use have the issue, and it's always downloading and redownloading the same file. I just wish I could get hold of a coder/app author to help then I could buy it!

• 2 months later...