No valid capture device could be found

Samson

I've tried another capture software but it has fallen short in one important area so I though I would give Debut a chance.

However, when I try to connect to my VCR I get the error message No valid capture device could be found. Now, this is a bit puzzling as I can switch to the other software and connect without problem.

I wouldn't mind paying for Debut but of course I need to know that it works with my system first.

By the way, both the screen and web camera capture seems to work. Haven't actually tried to capture anything with them yet but the connection is there at least.

On 3/5/2017 at 4:44 PM, Samson said:

I've tried another capture software but it has fallen short in one important area so I though I would give Debut a chance.

However, when I try to connect to my VCR I get the error message No valid capture device could be found. Now, this is a bit puzzling as I can switch to the other software and connect without problem.

I wouldn't mind paying for Debut but of course I need to know that it works with my system first.

By the way, both the screen and web camera capture seems to work. Haven't actually tried to capture anything with them yet but the connection is there at least.

First I recommend you to check different capture options for example some video capture devices are detected as a Webcam. You will be able to see it under Webcam menu. 

so please verify that option. 

if the issue persist I recommend you to open a support ticket: http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html

Not sure that I understand you correctly. If I click on webcam, the leftmost menu choice, it will activate the webcam, that's it. Where do you mean I can check if it is erroneously  detected?

There's a menu, Tools----> option... that gives you settings for web camera, capture device, network camera and screen capture.

In web camera settings there's a drop down list, the default choice is USB camera but it also lists a USB 2828x device which I believe is the VHS capture I'm using.

However, choosing the capture device all settings are grayed out.

21 minutes ago, Samson said:

Not sure that I understand you correctly. If I click on webcam, the leftmost menu choice, it will activate the webcam, that's it. Where do you mean I can check if it is erroneously  detected?

There's a menu, Tools----> option... that gives you settings for web camera, capture device, network camera and screen capture.

In web camera settings there's a drop down list, the default choice is USB camera but it also lists a USB 2828x device which I believe is the VHS capture I'm using.

On that case we recommend you to open the support ticket so you can get the assistance that you need. 

Please use this link to do it: http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html

On 2017-03-10 at 3:13 AM, travelmate37 said:

Strangely enough, your advice worked Tsam. My easy cap usb device was under integrated camera. Works fine. Thank you

Where do you find the integrated camera option?

2 hours ago, SomeName said:

I had the same issue. My Dazzle DVC100 did not show up as a device. But after reading this post I found the device under the webcam and Debut records just fine.  However I have no sound.  How do I get sound?

thanks,

Spence

Does your computer have a webcam? Mine has, an integrated one, as it's a laptop. Wonder if that stops Debut from showing up?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 4:10 AM, Samson said:

I have the same issue. Can you solve it?