Exported video keeps freezing in consistent place

Bamboo

I know that two threads have been made regarding this but neither provided an answer.

So I've encountered this bug multiple times already. The video plays just fine in the preview. Once I export a video, the exported video just freezes at a very specific point, the audio keeps going just fine. The video unfreezes at a specific point and this goes on even though I tried a lot of things and no matter how many times I've exported it. I know this is a bug and not a problem with my computer because I've made similar or even more demanding videos and they exported just fine.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are converting a video to a different frame rate, at some point the frame will need to be duplicated or dropped. We have discussed this issue on other threads.

This is a inherent video editing problem, the only way to avoid freeze frames periodically is to export the video at the exact frame rate.

You might be using either version 4.05 or 4.08. I remember like the back of my hand that I experienced periodical freezes on my videos when I used these versions of the software. This issue was fixed from 4.10 onwards and has never reappeared as of 5.01.

If feasible use the FILE menu and SAVE AS A PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload that folder to a server - DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc. - and post a public link here.

Someone will check it out.  Indicate the precise time that it freezes.

I just logged in here to discuss EXACTLY the same thing.  This does not appear to be a frame rate issue

The only "interesting" thing I've done on this video is take two videos that were already together and chopped them up to rearrange them.

I also added a "split screen" for about 30 seconds comparing the two.

I do have one portion of one video now playing in reverse slow motion...again though, that should NOT be causing this error.

The only solution I see is to render the video.... then go back and cut and paste the "broken" sections from the original materials and the render again.

It will work but that will add several hours to the project.

Well, I worked my way around the issue by using a static image since the main purpose of the video was just to show a song. The problem hasn't come back on other videos. I still have no idea why this is a thing though. 

I don't know why I didn't bring this up but the videos that had this problem had this aspect ratio issue when I try to render it and ask if I want to resize to fit or crop to fit.

On 08/03/2017 at 2:38 AM, borate said:

If feasible use the FILE menu and SAVE AS A PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload that folder to a server - DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc. - and post a public link here.

Someone will check it out.  Indicate the precise time that it freezes.

I'll be grateful if anyone can upload the files of the problematic project.

Link #1 is the VPJ only - the data file.  Link #2 is the Mp4 produced file.  Neither contains the source files, which should be in the folder when exporting to a portable project.

That said, there was no freeze here between five and six minutes.

the MP4 is the source.  All I did to create the project was open a new project and add the MP4 file.  I did nothing else. not editing or anything like that.

In VP there is not freeze, only after I export to a DVD Movie.  when I play the dvd is when it freezes, my apologies for not clarifying this

Exported to an ISO file here using default settings and couldn't spot a freeze.  Here's that ISO, which can be burned to DVD.
To test it, right-clicked|BURN TO DVD was chosen (Windows 10).  The DVD disc did not freeze during the 4:45-6:00 segment.

After download, clicking on the ISO in Windows 10 may open a player.  Or look in the folder of the virtual drive that 10 spawns.  VIDEO_VOB should be playable.

If using another operating system, opening the ISO with 7Zip will display the files.

For what I have tried. This issue only happens when burning to a DVD or exporting to DVD ISO disk image. Also only happen on certain players.

Does anyone getting this problem when exporting to something else (e.g. a video file)?

Using Media Player Classic/HC, reviewed the ISO and the DVD made from that ISO between 4:45 and 6:30 and could spot no freeze.

Also loaded the VIDEO_TS file into a video editor and viewed second-by-second with the same result.

However there does appear to be a missing frame at about 6:19 - very minor - which caused a slight jump in motion.

To the Developers:

LOOK, something is wrong.  Clearly.

You have multiple people all talking about the same thing... just look at the titles of the last 25-50 posts in this forum.  After render we're getting either frozen or blank or combination of things.

How many people will have to complain?  Are you telling us that it's all on us to PROVE to you this is happening?  If it's different on your system but we're having an issue then that's still not on us.

I just took a WORKING video combined from two other videos.  I did nothing to it but change the entire 5 min video to cartoon.  Sure enough, it gets to the first edit and boom...frozen.  If this is a frame rate issue, then you should be able to provide quick guidance for a work around.  I'm not going to spend the next few hours playing with all the frame rates vs. quality to determine what might work.

PLEASE Quit making us jump through hoops and let's get serious about this.

Given how little the software is updated these days and the consistent low quality of the recent updates, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is beginning to wonder what your competitors are doing.  I've been using VideoPad Pro for nearly 3 years and I loved it.  But my frustration is starting to overtake my loyalty.  I don't want to change but I'm tired of spending hours on the edit only to blow up on the render.  Really tired of it.

Please change the tone and approach to your Forum response and let's get back to the glory days when VideoPad kicked the competitors butts on quality, price, value AND features.

Thank you,

A REALLY frustrated fan

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_U1sNaZGyzBSkJFeHBMV3FRWk0

The mp4 file is the exported video (Believe me though the same result occurs on every exportable file)

The avi file is the source material. The problem doesn't appear if the video is untampered and exported as a whole, but it arises when I cut it and copy paste it a dozen of times as seen in the exported video.

Exported your AVI to an MP4 1920 x 1080p using the default encoding settings, but with the Constant Frame Rate box checked.  No freezes.  Try that.

File size was near twice the size of your Mp4.  Here is that file.  No such luck using several other resolutions, frame rates and settings:  freezes.

The original file displayed no video when opened with several other media players.  The same occurred in another editing program, with this error message.   This hints that VP may be the more forgiving of an apparently non-standard file.

Happened to me a month ago, now happening to me again with a different video. I can't upload it but I can tell you the following:

• Duration: 2 minutes 26 seconds
  • Export Preset: Custom
  • Export File Format: mp4
  • Export Resolution: 1280 x 720 - YouTube 720p
  • Export Frame Rate: 29.97 [TV NTSC]
  • Export Constant Frame Rate: Checked.
  • Freezes at :33 until :46
  • Freezes again at 1:01 until 1:06
  • Any special effects at the points where they are freezing? No.
  • Audio does not freeze.

If this can't be fixed soon, I'll need to look for another, more reliable editor. I shame because I spent money for this; and it's not working as advertised.

NOTE: An hour later, I was able to successfully export. I shut down all other running programs, export to AVI, then upload that AVI to YouTube. Still, I would like to be working with mp4s.

Edited by EricCawley
Follow-up information