Problems with zoom feature

KeithKW

Hi,  I wish to insert a simple zoom in the middle of a clip but when I set this feature up , trying to keep the same 16:9 format, the enlarged image is distorted by being compressed vertically, how do I avoid this happening?

HI

• Place your 16:9 clip on the timeline.
  • Click the FX box in the left lower corner of the clip. This opens the Effects window
  • Click the large green + sign and select "Zoom" from the list. This opens the Zoom effect window and places a dotted box around the preview image with handles at each corner and on each side. The side handles, if used will alter the AR of the frame;the corner handles will alter the size of the rectangle. You want to retain the AR at 16:9 so........
  • Click the Restraint box down arrow and choose 16:9. This deletes the corner handles of the rectangle leaving just the side ones.
  • If required, slide the red cursor line in the zoom effect window (or play the clip in the preview pane) to the where you want the zoom to start. Adjust the zoom to the required size and drag it to the desired position. It will retain the 16:9 AR.
  • Click the Add Keyframe tab. (Small green + ) This sets a keyframe at the current zoom settings at the start position.
  • Slide the red cursor line to the zoom end position and adjust the size and position of the zoom rectagle a second time.
  • Click the keyframe tab  to fix the end zoom position.
  • Close the effects window and play the clip.

Your clip should now play to the start position selected, zoom in (or out) and finish zooming at the second keyframe position. It will retain the 16:9 AR throughout.

Nat