Bug check

Jean Gray

Hi, I just finished a 20 minute video using Videopad and would like to notify a few bugs/suggestions:

1) When reopening a project after the speed of clips in a sequence has been altered (slowed in my case), the end point of those clips is lost causing clips to merge and transitions to disappear. Probably related are the following observations:

• The period of clips in storyboard mode with their speed adjusted (slowed) doesn't correspond to clip preview duration, making calculations difficult.
  • When the speed of a clip is adjusted (slowed) and played in sequence preview, it appears to breach the end point selected in clip preview, requiring the clip endpoint to be adjusted by guesswork.

2) When clip preview is selected and the user clicks on the timeline, Videopad reverts to sequence preview - better to let the user decide their view at all times.

3) When in sequence preview and the play button is pressed, the timeline marker jumps to the end of the sequence, apparently because the sequence has not finished rendering - better just to inform the user briefly and not move the marker at all.

4) The drag and drop area is too large and the height of the sequence panes are not able to be adjusted manually causing the users view to be extremely constrained.

5) When a text clip is added it somehow always ends up in a new sequence causing immediate and unnecessary confusion - better to place it in the sequence either at the marker or at the end.

6) When a clip is deleted from the clip list, the list jumps to the beginning - better to try to keep the location.

In all other respects a very snappy program, but you must get onto point 1 as a matter of priority, unless there's a few tricks I missed, in which case you can report them here.

Thanks

Using V4.58 for Windows