Removing a faulty Effects Template

Nationalsolo

Hi NCH

Just checking a few things in Beta Version 5.01. Can an Effects Template be deleted from the effects list window?

I have a fade in fade out template that I created by altering the Transparency effect Preset "Fade In and Out" so it had smoother curves instead of the straight lines. I did this by opening the Transparency effect and pulling up the shoulders of the preset and then saving it as an effect chain template.

However when this Template  was used it placed TWO effects onto the clip.

• The 50% default Transparency effect
  • The created Fade in /Fade out effect

As both these effects are present, the clip only faded in to 50% before fading out. I was puzzled for a start as the keyframe graph looked OK showing 100% opacity in the centre.  I then realized there were two transparency effects in the window.  .Why did this happen? Was the method I used to create the template using the preset or .........IS THIS A BUG.?

74407639abd959643061c5d2d9946a22.jpg

Obviously the effect created by altering the preset worked OK as is...this seems to have occurred when saved as a template.

I don't have to pick this template of course but as it now shows up in the effects window how is it removed?  (I am sure I have removed test templates in the past but the only option I can see is to add it to the page under the favourite heading.)

Nat

Sorry!  It would appear I inadvertantly added a second Transparency effect (my template keyframes) to the default transparency effect (50%) and didn't notice.  :wacko:.....

Edited by Nationalsolo
Sorted...My error

Created a transparent "test_template" just like yours,  Here's the path:   "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad\EffectTemplate\test_template.vfc"   You should be able to delete there.

The effect showed up below most others, in the TEMPLATES section.  Clicking on it applied only that effect to the clip - there was no "fade in/out."  "Clear Mask" was also listed, but it didn't appear to alter the effect.

Hi Borate

Yes. Thanks.  That removed the templates.OK. I'll see if I can reproduce the effect again. (Now I can remove it ^_^.....although I had the feeling that there was a delete option somewhere) 

Later..... Hmm.     It worked OK.  I can only think I ADDED the template to to the default transparency effect (50%) without noticing.  I've edited my post...DOH!

Nat