Problems converting vpj to mp4

Grumbo

I was working on editing a video to be uploaded to Youtube through Videopad. I have worked with and edited on this software before, but when I tried to convert the vpj file to an mp4 it would load to 100%, then say that the conversion failed. I have gone through the same process 3 times with no positive results. This has actually been my least edited projects of them all. It is a string of 3 clips, all originally mp4, loaded onto the project file. There were no other edits made and the video is being converted at 60 fps and 1080p. The video is about 38 minutes long. If anyone can help with finding the reason why I am having this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

VPJ is data - it tells Videopad what to do.  It's not a video file and cannot be converted to Mp4.

EXPORT (produce) the project as Video File, then choose Mp4.

SAVE your project for later retrieval an editing.  THAT will be a VPJ file.

You can upload directly to YouTube as well.  Check out the HELP (?) menu for particulars.

I just realized that I misunderstood exactly what I meant when typing this. When I was trying to export the project as a video file, I did choose MP4 and the export started. It would go through the entire process, then fail at the end. 

Hi

On occasions when exporting to the PC with some earlier versions of VP (latest is 5.01) it would export and then come up with "Export failed" when 100% registered. (Even 99%). In fact the exported file was actually all complete and in the designated folder. Try another export to your desktop. Is there an mp4 there when everything stops? If there is, does it play?

Nat

I am currently on the latest version of VideoPad and I actually found the MP4 file location. When I opened it, nothing showed up and it said that the file was 0 kb large. I'm going to let it export again directly to my desktop, which will take a couple hours. Thanks for the input and hopefully this goes well.

Hi

Well it shows it works for a smaller video.:)  But it won't hurt to clear the cache and try it again.

How to clear the cache...but first save your project....

• Open VP.
  • With your work loaded to the timeline.
  • Click "Tools" at the top of the window
  • Click "Options"
  • Click the "Disc" tab
  • Click "Clear Unused Cache Files" button

This will delete all the unused cache files leaving only those in the current project.  This MAY cure the problem and is worth a try.

Nat

I went through the whole process after clearing the cache files, but it didn't work again. I suspect that this comes from the size of the video, so I think I will try splitting it into two parts and uploading them separately. Thanks for the help and let me know if you have any other suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bF3Qr7NL5IKxgUofkM3rXQz59ArVfQn9lMyfpZSY3e0/edit?usp=sharing

These are my export settings, I hope.

12 hours ago, borate said:

320 X 240 NTSC with H264 codec default settings.  Took about two minutes.

Audio was normalized.  No hitches on the 134Mb result.

I'm not sure exactly how to set this up how you did. If you can explain it to me, that would be much appreciated.

Hi

" I'm not sure exactly how to set this up how you did. If you can explain it to me, that would be much appreciated. "

1. Click Export tab
  2. Click Video File.                                     (Can be changed. There are a variety of options)
  3. Browse to a folder to save to.                (Can be changed)
  4. File Format mp4                                     (Can be changed)
  5. Resolution 320 x 240 (Low Resolution)  (Can be changed)..This is the lowest resolution
  6. Frame Rate 29.97 TV NTSC                   (Can be changed)
  7. Encoder Options ...Restore Defaults  = H246  and Quality 18 (Different settings can be chosen)
  8. OK
  9. Create
  10. Crop or resize (If asked)

You should now see the  Export queue and progress bar. VP will export and save the Mp4 to the chosen folder. You can change the export parameters as required in order to get a different format and quality.

Nat