2017 Master's vs. Home edition

Arlee

I'm repeating questions I've seen elsewhere, simply because those threads are very old, and some didn't tell me all I need to know. 

I see the limitation with the Home version, compared with Master's, is that you can't use plug-ins and can only use two simultaneous audio tracks. 

I don't what any of that means.  I checked a link from an old thread and determined that I probably wouldn't use plug-ins, anyway.  But I don't understand about the tracks.

I'm buying the software because I am making a basic, tribute video for a memorial service.  I'll mostly be using photos, as in a slideshow, but also with some video clips.  I need features such as slow-mo, and converting to black and white, so I think I have to buy the software for those options, right?  I didn't see those options in the free version.

For the audio track, I want to create a music montage, using consecutive clips from a number of songs. I want to remove audio from most of the video clips, but in a few places, I might want to blend a bit of the original audio with the additional music.  Very basic stuff.

Can I do all of this with the home edition?  I wouldn't need the Master's, would I?  Also, is there a limit on the size of the finished project?

If I buy the home edition and then change my mind, can I upgrade without paying full price for the whole Master's software?

This works well with Windows 10?

Thanks!