Moving data from computer to computer

joebressler

Hello,

I have been using Express Invoice for the last 2 and 1/2 years to do my invoicing. At the beginning of the month the machine I was working from during this time failed (logic board broke). Because of this I took the hard drive out of the machine, placed it in an enclosure, and thought I would be able to retrieve the data I had from the previous machine on my new computer.

When I tried to open Express Invoice from the old drive on my new computer, it installed on my new machine sans any of the data. I looked in the library for the Application Support folder, but it was no longer there on the drive from my OLD machine. However there was a folder for NCH Software in the application support folder on my new computer, but of course it didn't have any of the data.

Could I have somehow deleted the data from the old machine by installing on the new machine? Why would this folder have gone missing?

Hi,

No, all data should be in the Library folder, still, possibly the data was at a different folder.

On the old hardrive, look within > user/Library/Application\Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice, copy the "Express Invoice" folder and replace the one you have on the new system. If you need further assistance contact the NCH support staff > supportnch@nchsoftware.com

Best regards,