Replacing my computer

digimon900

Hi folks,

I recently discovered Express invoice and am using it for my home childcare business.

I have a 13 year old PC and no other computers, its about to breathe its last, so will be replacing with a brand new MAC in the near future.

When I do this how do I get my software license and serial number to activate on my new mac?

I am aware of the need to download the program and install it, that is not an issue.

I know about backing up and importing data etc, that's not an issue either.

Is there a DE-activation process I need to follow to allow the new install on a new computer to work?

Or does it just allow you to run the new install of the program and if anyone tries the old one it tells them its not working any longer?

Anyone have any ideas?

There must be a chance that this can be done, as Hard drives fail and laptops get stolen all the time.

DJ

I know with EI, you've purchased a version of their software, which does not entitle you to updated versions. So when you reinstall you have to go get that version and install it on your new computer. Whether that will work on a Mac or not, I'm not sure, but I really don't think so. We went from Mac to PC and purchased a new PC version when we did. Did you get a CD or download it originally?

You can purchase an upgrade at a reduced cost. That is an option when you go to purchase the new one. They asked us if it was an upgrade.

You would probably be best off contacting them to find a download link to the old version (what version was it?) and to discuss your situation.

Teri