select two kind of language prompts unexecute

Crab

I want to do a paycard server, but such systems should be select several languages prompts (such as English, Chinese, French ,and so on), but now I can only do one language prompts, according to the manual of IVM : "Advanced Option. If you need two sets of prompts (for example one English and another French) create a copy of the System Prompts folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\System Prompts) somewhere else on your harddrive. For example (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\French Prompts). Then at any point during the call to 'switch on' french call use the variable SystemPromptsFolder. In the Advanced tab of OGM Properties in the "Set local call variable" field enter 'SystemPromptsFolder=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\French Prompts'." I had done under the above, but also only one language all the same, do not know what methods can choose three presentation language?

please help and reply!

thank you!

exigent....

Crab

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi TO ALL!

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WHO WANT TO USE MULTILANGUAGE-FUNCTIONALITY"

Just for your information, after hours and hours plus days spending time with bugs in this software:

The SystemPromptsFolder variable can be set, BUT the "read out number after ogm"-function in the advanced tab ignores this setting. It seems that the wav-files when using this Function (reading out the variables as digit, numbers, dollars, or dollars & cent), come always from the default system prompts-folder ignoring the setting of the SystemPromptsFolder. So please be aware that this is bugy. You will spend a lot of time finding workarounds. I think it is important for everyone to know. The "read out number after ogm"- for Multilanguage-Purpose is useless. You will have to read the Numbers with an extra OGM, playing an external audio file. That works, but with long numbers you will have to use lots & lots of OGMs.

Bye,

Claudio

• 2 years later...
Hi TO ALL!

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WHO WANT TO USE MULTILANGUAGE-FUNCTIONALITY"

Just for your information, after hours and hours plus days spending time with bugs in this software:

The SystemPromptsFolder variable can be set, BUT the "read out number after ogm"-function in the advanced tab ignores this setting. It seems that the wav-files when using this Function (reading out the variables as digit, numbers, dollars, or dollars & cent), come always from the default system prompts-folder ignoring the setting of the SystemPromptsFolder. So please be aware that this is bugy. You will spend a lot of time finding workarounds. I think it is important for everyone to know. The "read out number after ogm"- for Multilanguage-Purpose is useless. You will have to read the Numbers with an extra OGM, playing an external audio file. That works, but with long numbers you will have to use lots & lots of OGMs.

Bye,

Claudio

I can't beleive they haven't fix that yet. I had to write a plugin that sets the SystemPromptsFolder variable properly but I rather not use it. Is there a solution yet? I am using IVM 4.20

I can't beleive they haven't fix that yet. I had to write a plugin that sets the SystemPromptsFolder variable properly but I rather not use it. Is there a solution yet? I am using IVM 4.20

Me2, can't believe it's not fixed yet.

Is it you have written a plugin for this??? is it possible for me to have a copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Me2, can't believe it's not fixed yet.

Is it you have written a plugin for this??? is it possible for me to have a copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

This "plugin" in nothing but coping the audios from customPromptsFolder to the default promps folder. This works fine for single callers. If you have multiple callers, it might not work properly.

Hi!!!

I really don't think they will fix it. The problem is that the "number read out functionality" is difficult to achieve for different languages, because the language constructions are different for each other. For example let's take a look at the number 194:

English: First the hundreds are spoken, then the tens, and finally the units. So the system says: "one hundred"+ "and"+ "ninety" and then "four".

But in German the units are spoken before the tens: something like "one hundert"+"four"+"and"+"ninety".

More difficulties can be found in french, where they say something like "one hundred"+"four times twenty"+"fourteen". As you can see... for each language the NCH-Programmers should have programmed different types of algorythms, and fixed language-option to choose in the OGMs, in order to have the numbers read out correctly in the right sequence. For this reason, multilanguage functionality of english, french and german just by copying folders can be excluded by itself! Some languages like spanish and portuguese are very similar to english, so it might work there. Conclusion: The different requirements of your needs for "reading numbers out"-functionality must be analyzed first, in order to decide in which way to go. In my personal case we had a simple read out of a fixed number of digits, so it just needed to be read out digit by digit, so I did it with simple OGMs, playing %digit1%.wav then &%digit2%.wav etc. But you should be able to find a soultion for your needs too.

Good luck to all!!!

Hi!!!

I really don't think they will fix it. The problem is that the "number read out functionality" is difficult to achieve for different languages, because the language constructions are different for each other. For example let's take a look at the number 194:

English: First the hundreds are spoken, then the tens, and finally the units. So the system says: "one hundred"+ "and"+ "ninety" and then "four".

But in German the units are spoken before the tens: something like "one hundert"+"four"+"and"+"ninety".

More difficulties can be found in french, where they say something like "one hundred"+"four times twenty"+"fourteen". As you can see... for each language the NCH-Programmers should have programmed different types of algorythms, and fixed language-option to choose in the OGMs, in order to have the numbers read out correctly in the right sequence. For this reason, multilanguage functionality of english, french and german just by copying folders can be excluded by itself! Some languages like spanish and portuguese are very similar to english, so it might work there. Conclusion: The different requirements of your needs for "reading numbers out"-functionality must be analyzed first, in order to decide in which way to go. In my personal case we had a simple read out of a fixed number of digits, so it just needed to be read out digit by digit, so I did it with simple OGMs, playing %digit1%.wav then &%digit2%.wav etc. But you should be able to find a soultion for your needs too.

Good luck to all!!!

nice Claudio, Nice soluiton and great explanation. Maybe for more complex languages, a plug in that uses the main ivm.exe program from cmd calls might work but there still a need to think about it.

nice Claudio, Nice soluiton and great explanation. Maybe for more complex languages, a plug in that uses the main ivm.exe program from cmd calls might work but there still a need to think about it.

Yep lacalacaloca!!! You are absolutely right. I think too they need to think about it. But I am sure that an implementation of this feature will raise the price of the IVM.

But I am still a good friend of the approach we did. It was hard to find the right way, and finally it was very simple and straight forward. Hope some IVM-consultants won't get this info and sell it later:))) Well... We have a set of OGM-folders, something like "ogms_fr"(french),"ogm_us"(english),"ogm_de"(german), etc... and those folders are all an absolute copy of the other, just the wav-files inside each folder have been recorded in different languages (with higher quality). We totally avoided using systemprompts, just made everything via OGMs. So we have lots of OGMS, but it keeps all very structured, so it is easy to manage. If something changes, we change the folder of one OGM, copy it to all others, and simply overwrite the recordings of the other languages. So, when somebody calls, there is a Language-Switching-OGM, that can be either be switched by menu-pressing by the caller, or it switches automatically by recognizing the called line-number. So it switches to the welcome-ogms that are in their respective ogm-language-folders.

Well, well... the IVM is very buggy, and I think it is not fair: We spent weeks figuring out how to avoid some bugs, such as plugins aborting because the OGM has finished first, or the language-functionality, and even chopped recordings due to driver and hardware problems. We tested DOZENS of modems. Spent nights with coffee, trying to get steps further. Every important issue I've found I've posted in this forum (just to avoid other users of spending as much time (and coffee=)) as I did in finding a suitable workaround). But after all I think the IVM is still a very powerfull solution because of its flexibility, and I really think that a fine working language-plugin, or language-selection-option at least for the most common languages, would boost the softwares popularity.

Hi Claudio,

Nice to hear from you. I have no experiences with other IVR programs but I do find IVM powerful for my needs. I am able to easily integrate with databases and create complex ogms. However I have the feeling that there are other solutions out there much more powerful and maybe much more cheaper thanks to the open source community. I wonder if you have played before with Asterisx or Trixbox (very popular) or other commercial sofware similar to IVM.

Another thing I find useful is the SIP lines but I am not able to make them work. They answer the call but do not respond to the DTMF. Are you familiar with that?

One good point for IVM is the fast learning curve and easy configuration. Yes buggy but has a lot of documentation and at some point but I see it as the windows of the IVRs that productivity (on the short term) is there. Other systems require more time to learn and master however, once you know, solutions are robusts, scalable and powerful.

laca.-

• 5 years later...