More text transitions

Edv55

I have found the text transition options a bit limited. Is there anything I can do to add more than just a simple fade in and out? For example scrolling a text into screen, and then stopping it so it remains on screen for a second and then scrolling off again. Also are there other background options apart from a basic white box background. I have seen other editor software with much more fancy options. This software is great but this is the only aspect I have found a bit disappointing. Do I need to get an additional plug-in?

Hi,

Yes, you can apply any of the available effects to the text clip. Once you add the text(using the Add Text+ icon from the top menu), right click the text clip and select "Effects", from the effect window, click the "+" plus sing and select use any of the available effects.

In regards to the background options, from the Text clip, click the square next to "Editor only" and change the background as desire.

Best regards,

Hi

Once you have created your text clip, it will behave exactly like any image clip and any of the Video Effects can be applied to it. If the text image is placed on Video Track 1 and followed or preceeded by a video clip or another image clip then any of the Transitions can be used between the clips.

Nat

Many thanks everyone for your help. This has certainly helped give me much more flexibility with the text transitions. I am now experimenting. It just seems it would be easier if the fade in effects were the same as the fade out effects when being used on Vid tracks 2 or 3 etc.

Ed

Hi

You have complete control of fade-in and fade-out of any clip/image placed any track.

e.g. Place a clip/image on the Track in question. Click the FX button and choose the Transparency effect.

Now click the Select Preset box and choose the Fade In and Out option.

When you now click the keyframe graph button (green cross with the red line around it) you will see the fade in and fade out graph line........

be5bed841f6f4eb261977a6bc0464ef0.jpg

This is a little abrupt as it is simply fades IN and OUT and as it stands it doesn't retain the image for any time at 100% opacity before it fades out again. But you can easily alter that. Grab the line just after the start of the clip (e.g. a couple of seconds in) and pull it straight up to the top. This creates a keyframe and the Fade-in now happens more quickly and the clip remains visible for longer. Do the same a short time before the end of the clip.The graph line should now look like this.....

561505563be1e7f5fe93ce59a9c2aceb.jpg

It is up to you to decide where to pull the graph line up.

In this example the image/clip lasts for 10 seconds and will fade in for about 1 second from the start and fade out about 1 second before the end.

Nat