Crashing on Windows 10

Ed McAskill

What a freakin joke this is.

All I want is a simple recording program to record voice and acoustic guitar thru an interface. Everything is up to date. This is my second try with Wavepad. It just wont stop crashing. I might get 2 or 3 minutes recording time and thats it Any advice

• 3 years later...

Same problem as above - "NCH Wavepad bluescreens my new cpu with windows 10 when i hit record button. Software was just installed again and my drivers are up to date"

Windows 10 computer has all the latest updates. I too have the latest updates for Wavepad (v10;42) and have been using Wavepad and other NCH software for several years with great success.

Also of note, I do not experience this problem with Windows 10's free "Voice Recorder" which I discovered; its fine as an introduction to voice / audio recording but there is a most noticeable hiss in the background during playback! Shall not try that again.

As a second experiment I might download a trial copy of Audacity (not used for years!)  to see if the problem reoccurs when using that! If so I might look to see if the audio drivers need updating etc but shall have to investigate this.

Edited by Steve H.
Updating with further information.