Text background opacity

Ivan187

Something I believe is possible in Camtasia but I'm not sure, I would like to have the option to alter the background transparency in text clips and subtitles, instead of just changing the color. Without the background, the text can be hard to read when it's in an area with the same color because the shadows and outlines aren't big enough; and with the background, you end up blocking part of the video and the text looks like it was just hurled on there.

If using the "editor only" options, you can split out the background clip to nearly match the length of the text overlay. Then create an opacity effect to dip the background. Click.

If using "text and background" option you can raise/lower the 'luma' slider at the far right of the color configuration box. Doesn't change opacity, but it may create a pleasing effect.

HI

One way around this is to have your video on Track 1

Create a blank image in the colour of the text background you want and place it on Video track 2.

Creat your text image in the coulour you want with no background and place it on Video track 3

Now use crop to reduce the size of your blank frame so it just surrounds the text by the desired amount.

Add your Opacity effect to the blank frame.

Your text will now have a coloured background of adjustable opacity.

Line up Track 2 and Track 3 and group them so you can adjust their position on the timeline.

If you want to scroll the text or animate it, use the Position effect and use the same parameters for Track 2 and Track 3

afcf9d5ae62aa66e5852f7b4b92ef12d.jpg

This is scrolling text in yellow with a semi transparent blue background.

A feature like this in the Text editor would save these steps thouigh. :-)

Nat

HI

One way around this is to have your video on Track 1

Create a blank image in the colour of the text background you want and place it on Video track 2.

Creat your text image in the coulour you want with no background and place it on Video track 3

Now use crop to reduce the size of your blank frame so it just surrounds the text by the desired amount.

Add your Opacity effect to the blank frame.

Your text will now have a coloured background of adjustable opacity.

Line up Track 2 and Track 3 and group them so you can adjust their position on the timeline.

If you want to scroll the text or animate it, use the Position effect and use the same parameters for Track 2 and Track 3

afcf9d5ae62aa66e5852f7b4b92ef12d.jpg

This is scrolling text in yellow with a semi transparent blue background.

A feature like this in the Text editor would save these steps thouigh. :-)

Nat

Too much work that you shouldn't have to do, especially for lots of text clips. This is why I made my suggestion in the first place.