Timing a Slide

yonargi1

I created three slides (Open Office) to put into my video. However, when I add them into my video, they always show up with .084 maximum timing, whereas I know I specified 8 seconds on each of them. I used Zamzar to convert them. What am I doing wrong? I can't stretch them out on the timeline, either.

Hi

What does it say under the slides when you go into storyboard mode? If they are the usual format of images (jpg/bmp/tiff etc.)You should be able to simply click the value shownunder the thumbnail (whatever it is) and then enter 8 into the box that comes up labelled Clip duration. Clicking Set should then set it at that value.

Before loading any clips or imagesto VP you can set the default still image duration to a global value under Tools/Options/Media/Default Still image duration..

" I can't stretch them out on the timeline, either."

Should be able to do that as well! What format are these images?

Nat

Only the duration of Image, Text and Bland clips can be changed.

If seems that you are trying to change the timing of a video(.avi).

If it's a just still frame, make a screenshot of the video and use it as an image clip instead.

You can also change the speed to change the duration of the video.

Hi

.avi is a VIDEO format and not an image, and if you check you should see that they are in your Video Files bin and not in the Image Files bin.

As you are referring to them as "Slides" the presumtion is you actually want to insert them as still images.

The quickest way to do this is to go into Storyboard mode. (No matter how short the slip is, it will display as a "slide")

Drag the red cursor line along to the centre of the .avi "Slide" and then click the "Snapshot" button under the preview screen.

This will place a .png image of the ,avi "Slide" in the Image File bin.

Drag this image down to the storyboard track and drop it next to your .avi clip.

Now right click on and delete the .avi clip.

Change the duration of your inserted image to 8 seconds.

Do this for your other .avi clips.

Nat