Unable to change bitrate for H.264

lazibayer

I am using VIdeopad free version 4.53 under macOS 10.12.1. I tried to export video file in MP4, AVI or MOV format with H.264 encoder, but no matter what bitrate I filled in the box the generated video file would have the same size. I can change the file size and quality by picking "Quality" from low to best but I wanted to have more flexibility. The exported video file does follow the bitrate I chose had I used the MPEG4 encoder, but the quality isn't on par with H.264 for the same file size.

In H.264 encoder, there are two modes to do compression:

Quality rate factor will target the visual quality and then choose the minimum bitrate that can produce the result.

Target bitrate will target the requested bitrate or file size without much concern about the visual quality.

VideoPad haven't expose target bitrate yet. We still evaluating if we should put it in as an option.

I am using VIdeopad free version 4.53 under macOS 10.12.1. I tried to export video file in MP4, AVI or MOV format with H.264 encoder, but no matter what bitrate I filled in the box the generated video file would have the same size. I can change the file size and quality by picking "Quality" from low to best but I wanted to have more flexibility. The exported video file does follow the bitrate I chose had I used the MPEG4 encoder, but the quality isn't on par with H.264 for the same file size.

Please check your inbox. Sent you a link for the latest pre-release build of the Mac version. It uses a newer H264 encoder