"Save audio clip as new file" doesn't work properly

Ivan187

When I had already specified the start and end points of my audio clip, and then choose to save the audio clip as a new file, the end result comes off as if the end point was never altered, and unwanted parts of the audio clip are still there. This forces me to use WavePad or MixPad in order to do it properly.

This issue wasn't happening when I first updated to 4.48, which is the strangest part.

When I had already specified the start and end points of my audio clip, and then choose to save the audio clip as a new file, the end result comes off as if the end point was never altered, and unwanted parts of the audio clip are still there.

That does seem to be the case ... the end point is ignored when saved to a new audio file.

As Nat suggests, after marking IN/OUT points in preview, drop the clip onto the timeline.

Then click the SEQUENCE tab in the media area (top-left of the window). Right-click the clip and "save sequence as new audio file.".

HI

Yes confirmed...The Out point is ignored even if audio is taken from the edited audio on the timeline.

The way around this until it is sorted is to.......

Edit your audio clip with your IN/OUT points and Place it on the timeline.

Check the audio selection is what you want.

Click the Sequence tab and Add the edited sound clip to the sequence bin.

You can now make a copy that is correct from there.

Nat