Use of Dates

Nasho23

During Testing this Software, I set up my Chart of Accounts Commencing Balances, based on a previous End of Month Report that had Data at End of Month (30/09/2016)

I did not give consideration to the fact that I was entering the Account Period Balances on the Date of 14/11/2016. I was expecting to see a Date Control when I was entering this Data.

Should I have changed my Computer Date and Time to 30/09/2016, while I was entering these Balances, to prevent Date related issues????

What effect will the use of Date 14/11/2016 for Opening Balances have when I come to enter Data for the next period ending 31/10/2016.

Is there anything I need to do to prevent issues relating to Dates, if I enter this Data with the current date of 15/11/2016 or later.

Regards

Owen Carlton

(Nasho23)

There is no need for you to changed your Computer Date and Time when entering your data. Whenever you enter information, you should be able to choose the dates and whenever you generate reports, you can filter also by dates. The time you enter the information should not affect your data.