Picking/resizing sequence preview

HunterEdits

One of the biggest issues I have with videopad is when I have an unusual resolution, like 1160x900 or 320x240, videopad freaks out. It won't export unless I crop the video (does this indicate not cropping to a preview aspect ratio but cropping the black areas to a clip (original) resolution) or resize it, which is distortion.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing when I press crop. Well, I WOULD just change the preview to the source resolution, which is where I get frustrated. Videopad is really picky about which aspect ratios it will preview in. There are presets for 16:9 and 4:3 which is fine for those two aspect ratios, but 5:4 is nowhere to be found. Odd stuff like that 71:40 or whatever it is is also impossible.

If I choose my own figures, the preset becomes custom. Fine. But if I don't pick a ratio videopad likes, clicking "OK" in settings does nothing; the window won't close. For instance, it's impossible to select a preview of 540x512. It just won't close the screen.

There seems to be no way to know what videopad will accept in terms of preview resolutions (there are also limits apparently). Fortunately 1280x1024 will preview (5:4).