Scroll bar options?

bcassidy

I was using WavePad to listen back to recordings. I need to dissect the recording for words not clearly heard. I had WavePad before my computer crashed and I used to be able to keep clicking on the scroll bar with my mouse and the scroll bar would keep moving as I was doing this. In this way, I was able to hear the word repeated so I could make it out. Now I purchased WavePad again, and when I do this, the scroll bar stops and mutes when I click on it with my mouse. It was always like the other way, so not sure if something has changed in the program itself or is there a setting I can use to make the scroll bar continue to move even if I click on it.

Thanks for any input.

On the latest version of Wavepad you can use the scroll bar to position the audio wave form but that won't affect on the playback. I tested the latest version for wavepad and this behavior does not happen, when you click on the scroll bar the playback continues while you scroll over the wave form. You can download the latest version from this link http://www.nch.com.au/components/wpsetup.exe

Hi

Thank you, but I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying. When I click on the scroll bar line, as it is moving, it stops it. Before, with the version I had before my computer crashed, I could keep clicking on it to hear bits of words repeated because it would keep moving while I was clicking on it. ( I recently purchased WavePad again when I lost it off my computer.) I clicked on the link that you gave me and went through the motions of downloading it. I'm not sure if it downloaded. Does it just update the one that I already have on my computer? Anyway, I still have the same one on my computer as I just paid for, and it is still doing the same thing (stopping the scroll bar when I click on the cursor at the bottom of it as it is moving). I really want to have it the way it was before. I appreciate any more help that you can give.

Brenda

My experience is as Chris stated; clicking on the scroll bar does not stop playback for me (version 5.10 on my windows 7 machine, and ver 6.33 on my windows 10 machine.)

Zoom in if you need to (I can't see a scroll bar until I do,) and you can just click on the waveform to a spot before the part you are seeking and playback will continue. You can also click on the time display above the scroll bar.

I find it useful to use the space bar as a pause and start shortcut.