Videopad Freezes in Subtitles

hebrew videos

I am trying to add Hebrew and English subtitles to the Jesus movie.

It's quite long- 2 hours.

The problem is, it keeps freezing whenever I go to add subtitltes.

I have broken up the audio and video in many sections.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to stop it from freezing and get it to work smoothly?

I have updated to version 4.48.

Maybe I need to wait for that green line on the video track 1 to go all the way across the video? It's moving very slowly.

Thanks for any help!

Hi

When you add a clip to clip bin and subsequently add it to the timeline, VP has to incorporate the clip plus any associated audio into the cache file ,then generate and save all the thumbnails required that display under the preview screen as well as those that display along the timeline. If the clip has been edited details regarding transitions and effects also have to be generated and the audio has also to be converted to the wave display. All this goes into the cache as well as an autosaved project file. This can take some time to do.

During this procedure a green line "Progress" bar gradually moves along the top of the timeline giving you some idea of how this is proceeding. Although you may be able to playback some lengths of the timeline which lie under the green bar whilst it is still processing, VP will usually stop with the message that the preview is being generated or that the audio has not finished converting and there may not be any audio. Depending on the length of your video that procedure can take quite some time.

Even after it has finished and ready to go, adding an edit like titles/text/subtitles means that the cache has to be altered to reflect the changes.

So it is best to be patient and wait. Use a reduced window of your taskmanager % use processor bar graph as you can then see when activity has finished.

1b8e80ed608304122990930521328643.jpg

Note that once in the cache, subsequent re-loading the saved project is much quicker as the data is already present. Clearing the cache completely means that all the saving etc will have to be redone when the project is reloaded from the .vpj file (which just records the data). Clearing UNUSED files from the cache may speed up the process a little.

You may find it better and quicker to work a very long project in sequences.

Nat