Storyboards, sequences and re-render

daorus

Q1: I have sequence in sequences in sequence, and add some change in initial material. Do all these sequences re-render themselves and therefore eat CPU time, or they are just containers which hold initial material?

Q2: is there any sence to keep all the sequences in storyboard mode in order to descrease amount of re-render, or it does not matter timeline or storyboard mode and re-render of cache after each change is the same?

Q3: it there any tool to stop cache re-render, make all changes and after that turn on cache re-render in order not to init cache re-render immediatelly?

Q1: I have sequence in sequences in sequence, and add some change in initial material. Do all these sequences re-render themselves and therefore eat CPU time, or they are just containers which hold initial material?

The preview will need to be re-generated to reflect any change.

Q2: is there any sence to keep all the sequences in storyboard mode in order to descrease amount of re-render, or it does not matter timeline or storyboard mode and re-render of cache after each change is the same?

Storyboard and timeline mode sharing the same preview cache. However thumbnails will not be generated if they are not visible. So yes, storyboard might take less work since there are less thumbnails.

Q3: it there any tool to stop cache re-render, make all changes and after that turn on cache re-render in order not to init cache re-render immediatelly?

No, there is no way to suspend cache re-generating at the moment.

Thank you for answers.

Storyboard and timeline mode sharing the same preview cache. However thumbnails will not be generated if they are not visible. So yes, storyboard might take less work since there are less thumbnails.

This is a GREAT news!! Thank you so much. I will use timeline mode only when it is needed, and try to work in storyboard mode most of time.

This is a GREAT news!! Thank you so much. I will use timeline mode only when it is needed, and try to work in storyboard mode most of time.

Thumbnails are generated from the cache (if available) so it can be very fast. Storyboard mode is designed for simple editing. You can not edit overlaying tracks in Storyboard mode.