Can't register with FusionPBX/Freeswitch or Trixbox/Asterisk

dwork@oip.net

I have a mature Asterisk/Trixbox and a new Freeswitch/FusionPBX. I am unable to register Express Talk with either box. I installed X-Lite first, which works just fine on both, but the multi-extension capability of Express Talk Business why I'm trying Express Talk.

The configuration of both soft phones is similar -- (Line 1) userid, password, where userid is the extension (800 in my case) and the password matches my Trixbox secret. The network configuration seems to be where the issues arise. X-Lite connects locally to a random SIP port, which is fine. I configured Express Talk to the same random SIP port, but no joy. I used my external ip address (obtained from ip-details.com as well as my LAN address, but neither mattered. My external ip address and external sip port is the same one used by X-Lite as reported by Trixbox.

My SipTrace log shows that I'm reaching the asterisk switch (User-Agent).

08:25:42 UDP Packet Received from {trixbox IP address}:5060 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden (Bad auth)

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP ***.***.***.150:5060;branch=z9hG4bK199731;received=***.***.***.150;rport=55565

To: <sip:800@myasteriskswitch.earthclick.net>;tag=as176b5d46

Call-ID: 1476977141-99731-Davids-iMac.@***.***,***.150

CSeq: 3 REGISTER

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX 1.6.0.26-FONCORE-r78

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO

Supported: replaces, timer

Content-Length: 0

Any help would be appreciated.