Problem Creating DVD Movie Disc - VOB File Incomplete

KeithAttfield

Hi,

The VOB file created in the image file when exporting my project as a Movie Disc does not contain video, only sound. I can export as an AVI file fine so wonder what's wrong. Details are:

Using VideoPad 4.33 on a Windows 8.1 PC with Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.80GHz 8GB RAM

Video Format set to PAL

Screen 16:9

Average bitrate 4000kbps; Maximum 7000kbps (reduced from 6000 and 8000)

Burning to a DVD rather than an Image File makes no difference.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Hi,

Here is my suggestion based on previous experiences:

1. Always before exporting or burning, play the total length of the project from the VideoPad-Preview window to confirm it plays fine(no issues).

2. Always export the project to a local folder instead of burning directly to a DVD disc. Use the Export icon > Video File option.

3. Set the Preset, File format, Resolution, Maximum frame rate, Encoder settings and click Create. When done play the exported file. IF you notice there is an issue with resolution, synchronization, transitions, Video, Audio...you can always go back to the project and use/try other File formats, Resolutions, frame rates, Encoder settings to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

4. Once you have achieve a good result, based on the above settings, you can use the project file that was exported to burn, either with your Windows default burning utility or by re loading the file into VideoPad to start the process.

Please try, follow the steps, this will save you time and DVD's. |

You can also contact the NCH support > supportnch@nchsoftware.com

Best regards,

Hi Telephony,

Many thanks. I tried your recommendation and managed to create both an MPEG1 and an MPEG2 file, both of which had the video, which is progress, but neither have sound when played on my PC (with VLC Media Player). Do you have any ideas?

I burnt the file to a DVD and it also plays in my DVD player, great, but also without sound

The parameters in VideoPad's Export Video function are:

File Format: mpg

Resolution: 1024x576 - TV Wide

Frame Rate: 25 - TV PAL

Encoder Settings (for both MPEG1 and 2)

Average bit rate 4000kbps, Maximum 8500kbps

Audio Sample Rate: 48000, and Bitrate 128kbps

Hi,

Please forget my last post as the audio problem was me, not the software. You've solved my problem, thank you. It's a shame that I cannot burn an MPEG2 file directly from VideoPad but at least your solution gives me more control over the process, particularly using a standalone DVD burner.

Many thanks.