Unable to export video to mp4

nick526

Hi i'm new here, spurred to join because i just cant seem to export my project to mp4 video. I've read that if there's too many videos and the file sizes are large videopad won't be able to export it (my project has about 4GB over 22 videos) so yeah i was wondering if there was any way to remedy this. My last resort would be making it into separate projects and then merging them all together in one final project. Any help is much appreciated :)

Hi

You don't say what is actually happening...e.g. any messages coming up etc. Is the export progress bar still functioning? Does VP crash?

Although not massive 4 GB will take some time (some hours possibly) to export so unless you know processing has actually stopped you may have to be very patient, perhaps letting VP export overnight. The number of clips (videos) in the project is not relevant.

Unfortunately VP cannot load and merge previous projects (saved as .vpj files) to a current project, and there is little point in exporting completed shorter sections of the project and then reloading them to add to a final section and then exporting the whole as you will still be in the same position as you are now.

With your completed edit on the timeline, you could try going into options and deleting unused cache files. This might make exporting a bit quicker.

If exporting has not stopped and is just VERY slow, you will have to be patient I am afraid.

Post a few more details regarding file types you are working with; the settings you are exporting at and the VP version you are using. I am sure others will come in on this.

Nat.

Hello Nat, thanks for the prompt reply! :) i'm working with videos in .MOV and some pictures in .png format. Basically when i try to export it, it give me this before proceeding to crash

ih5es1.png

I can't seem to find the options dropdown menu/tab, and i have no idea what unused cache files are even (newbie here heh) but i have a feeling it won't change much since i can't even get to the exporting process. Any idea how i could get around this?

Update : I deleted about 3GB of unused cache files, but the problem persists :(