Two people talking over each other - removing other one

Moz

Hi,

Please excuse me as I'm quite new to WavePad. I have an audio file with two people talking. lets call them person A and person B. What I need to do is record certain samples of what person A is saying but person B sometimes talks over person A. Is it somehow possible to completely remove what person B is talking so that only person A's talk can be heard even when they talk over each other?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please excuse me as I'm quite new to WavePad. I have an audio file with two people talking. lets call them person A and person B. What I need to do is record certain samples of what person A is saying but person B sometimes talks over person A. Is it somehow possible to completely remove what person B is talking so that only person A's talk can be heard even when they talk over each other?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Moz

In the program you can try first to identify on which frequencies are Person A and Person B being registered in the audio, it the frequencies are very different then you can set a filter to remove those frequencies. In order to do the analysis you can first display a graph of the frequencies map using the TFFT tool in the Tools section, this will display a graph where you can see what frequencies are playing and at what intensity and you can play the file and the cursor will move through the graph so you can identify in the graph when is it that Person B speaks and if you place the mouse pointer over the graph it will tell you what frequency is the one you have the mover, so you can then use the high Pass and low Pass filters to lower the frequencies you don't want to be heard.

This is not an easy process, it is more like a test and check for results kind of process, unless you know what you are doing and already have practice in audio edition and recorded voice manipulation.