Does Voxal affect this program?

HollyCarpenter

Voxal works fine for me with VOIP programs used by "MMO" gamers; these include Mumble, Teamspeak, and Ventrilo.

But does anyone know if it works with Discord or Curse?

Curse (curse.com) has a new VOIP client and Voxal doesn't look like it recognizes it. I worry about Discord being the same way. I would very much rather not have fellow gamers hear my actual voice because of privacy concerns; the internet is just a plain crap shoot without a lot of solid preparation and precautions. I'm worried if the people I game with, chose to switch to Curse specifically to defeat any kind of voice software.

Hi HollyCarpenter,

Voxal can be affected by a combination of hardware and software, so it is difficult to say without testing a specific VOIP client on your specific hardware. Can I start by asking why you suspect Voxal is not working with Curse?

Regards,

Ben

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

It's not that I suspected Voxal wouldn't work with Curse, but that I wasn't going to take the chance at finding out the hard way. Fortunately, I managed to test it with someone I trusted implicitly, and found that it does in fact work with Curse Client.

So, thanks for your time, and I'm relieved to find that I was mistaken on this issue.

EDIT: As far as my comment in my original post, "Voxal doesn't look like it recognizes it (Curse)," when I begin a program like Mumble, a message appears in the Voxal window, "An application is using the microphone." That didn't appear with Curse. However, I did find that the chosen voice modification was applied to my voice when I tested it with the trusted friend.