Export to DVD movie results in "poor quality"

JerryP

I've exported a DVD movie in VP 4.31 and VP 4.48. Result in both cases is a poor quality rendering on the DVD. The rendering on the DVD looks nothing like the MP4 rendering or the Preview (play) in VP. Images appear grainy in the DVD -- no issues in the MP4 or Preview. Nothing in the settings seems to matter. I think I can demonstrate this with one image in a DVD!

What type of recording - DATA file or DVD movie?

If the former, click the DETECT button, to best match output to input settings.

If the latter, try manually choosing different bitrates.

Several MP4 recordings were made here. All were acceptable, if not quite the quality of the original when viewed on a 24" PC monitor.

I've set the bitrate to maximum (9000). Doesn't seem to matter. To answer your question, DVD Movie (NTSC). Note that MP4 seems fine. It's just the DVD that appears grainy (poor quality) when played back.

So you know, i've submitted a bug report on the process as well. When I export, it writes disk, then ejects, then "File Explorer" asks me to insert a disk, then I cancel the File Explorer request and I see a VP error message that the write was not successful. The disks (I've tried several) play on a DVD player (sometimes the menu was missed), showing very poor quality.

I attempted to play the DVD on my computer. When I insert a disk that just played on my DVD player, "File Explorer" rejects it and asks that a disk be inserted.

When I insert a DVD movie, it behaves the same way. I'm going to reboot and see if the problem persists.

Thoughts/suggestions welcomed.

Uninstalled DVD drive, then re-installed via "Scan for hardware change". Reboot allowed video to play on PC (using VLC software).

Playback still grainy (I have screen capture if interested for comparison to actual image).

I will attempt writing yet another DVD Movie and will let you know.

Never saw errors during export of several files.

Played the DVD movie that had been exported at a 2520 bit rate on a 55" 1080P full screen. May not have been the very highest def, but it was pleasing. Slight artifacts in the tough to render sky and water scenes.

Upload a test file of your original material on a server if possible - such as Dropbox, MS OneDrive, GoogleDRIVE, etc. - and link a public URL here. Someone may check it out.

Here's the link to some files that show the "issue" ... https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahe09IxUo0-dnxqa07lqqFQhTOyh

I'm starting to think that there's only minor difference and that it might be my imagination. There are 4 slides in the project, each labeled by number. Number 1 is a shot of a plane on a lake. Number 2 is the same shot (as #1) but with ZOOM effect. Number 3 is another, different shot of the plane (it has pretty good quality), and #4 is a repeat of #1. There is an MP4 file, as well as a screenshot of the settings that I used to create the DVD and the MP4.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I did not realize that DVD was so low in resolution quality, but it is seemingly the best way to distribute a slide show of our fishing trip (is there a better resolution way to do this?) that everyone can see (everyone seems to have a DVD player).

Is there a better way to do an image like #1 (it has wave crests that bounced light)?

Thanks again.

p.s. will be deleting the files at the link.